Opinion And Thoughts On This Design, Please

Decorating By PennySue Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm by dandelion56602

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:49am
post #61 of 68

Ok, the shower is tomorrow. You might be wondering why I'm being so crazy about this cake. Two reasons....1) my dear friend's daughter is giving the shower for her SIL. It's her first real ta-doo since she got married, so as a new bride I wanted it to be special for her party. 2) I haven't been baking as much as I used to due to some health issues that have kept me off my feet for a bit. I've forgotten so much and I've really been a nervous wreak about this.

So...yesterday I made the icing and for the life of me I don't know what happened, but it had the feel of drywall paste and just kept getting weirder and weirder. icon_surprised.gif There went 6 qts of frosting in the trash. Remade icing.

Fast forward to today. Cakes are baked, crumbcoated and the top, smaller one is frosted and sitting in the fridge. I was taking it out when it slipped and fell on the floor. icon_cry.gif (counting to 10!)

Now the 3 tier cake is a 2 tier cake. I guess that's ok cuz everyone thought it was too much cake anyway. (but I had made a kitchen cake just in case icon_lol.gif )

So here I am, sitting and posting instead of being in the kitchen. I needed a break and knew that my "buds" at CC would totally understand. And....I need to get some dinner on the table. DH is the most understanding guy I know. When the cake hit the floor, he heard me scream and came running. Lots of hugs!

I know this was long, but I appreciate all the suggestions and encouragement you all have given me. Thank you, dear ones! I'll let you know how it goes icon_biggrin.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:36am
post #62 of 68

ok PennySue, prayers are on the way!!!! Breathe...then decorateicon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:53am
post #63 of 68

good luck!!!!
Edna icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:05pm
post #64 of 68

You're lucky to have an understanding dh. If mine hears those screams he asks what happed then grabs up the girls & says "we'll go to town--call if you need anything". lol At least it gets them out of my hair & "I can cry if I want to, cry if I want to. you would cry too if it happened to you....."

But you can do it & I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing these pics. And if you need a great buttercream recipe for the future, I have sugarshack's buttercream recipe for a 6 qt. LOVE the stuff!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:40pm
post #65 of 68

Can't wait to see finished cake! Looks great so far - I'm sure it was fab even as a 2 tier icon_smile.gif

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:48pm
post #66 of 68

Okey Dokey...here it is. I know it's not exactly like the pic, but considering that I dropped the top 3rd tier and had to re-work the design. I think it came out pretty well. The ladies loved it (I was sooooo relieved) and the party was great. Thank you all so very much for your interest and encouragement! I must say I don't think I've ever prayed for a cake quite as much as I did about this one. God was and is very gracious!
BTY...the 2 tiers were plenty of cake with a smidge left over. I never was any good in math! Thanks again!!
LL

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:09pm
post #67 of 68

Oh is lovely!....Great job!
Edna icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm
post #68 of 68

It turned out great! I think the blocks & bear make a 3rd tier for you anyway!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%