Refreshment Quantity Help Please...

Decorating By gottabakenow Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 1:24am by gottabakenow

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 3

I'm baking refreshments for a concert on april 1st (not an april fools joke! icon_lol.gif ). I'm pretty sure they're expecting about 50 people and I'm not sure how much I'm going to have to make. What do you think? In case you're interested, here's the list- brownies, marble cake, meringues, lemon bars, jam bars, and cupcakes with choc bc and fondant music notes (tried mmf a few weeks ago and everyone loved it!). TIA for any ideas/tips/suggestions on quantity or anything else.

2 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:54am
post #2 of 3

WOW! That seems like a lot of food for only 50 people. In my experience when I'm at a gathering only about 3/4 of people eat the dessert. I'm always included in the count. icon_lol.gif Will the count include children or adults only? Is the list you provided what was requested or did you put it together? I'd limit the desserts to 3 options. Just my thoughts...do what works best for you. icon_biggrin.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:24am
post #3 of 3

it does seem like a lot when you look at it like that, but I obviously wouldnt make so much of each thing. i did refreshments for a concert once but they told me there would be about 100 people and there were only 50, so you can imagine the leftovers... icon_surprised.gif this is what I was thinking.

1 doz each- brownies, jam bars, lemon bars
1 marble cake (bundt shaped)
1 doz meringues
2 doz cupcakes

thats 5 doz things plus the cake... about 4 doz people, a few people wont eat anything and everyone else will have a bunch of things icon_wink.gif ... and in my family, NO dessert ever goes to waste (im just getting reimbursed for the ingredients). oh, its only going to be adults, maybe 1 or 2 kids.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%