Fbct Or Trace Onto Cake

Decorating By Ptb Updated 10 Jan 2007 , 1:55pm by Justenjoyingit

Ptb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ptb Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 6

I can't decide if I should trace Buzz Lightyear onto cake and star tip it in or if I should try a FBCT. I have not tried either method.

If I go with FBCT do I have to use the icing with butter or can I use my normal Wilton recipe? Any paticular recipe that you have found to work and taste well for the FBCT method? I am worried that the FBCT will taste funny against my normal BC.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 6

I think that doing a FBCT is easier. This icing tastes great, better than the regular BC, in my opinion. But, you can't really tell a difference when it is on the cake. It just blends together.

Here is a link with info for making a FBCT.

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 8:05am
post #3 of 6

I use my regular frosting to do a FBCT and just make it a bit thinner. Like it'd be for icing a cake. I've never had a problem. There are several examples in my photos of how they turn out.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:11am
post #4 of 6

I did my first fbct using the Wilton recipe with all shortening. It worked great, I just made it pretty thin. I used all shortening because I've read where a few people had problems with the icing running because of the butter. Also Wilton freezes well, so I froze the leftover colors for my next one. Good luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 5:29am
post #5 of 6

I've always used the Wilton all crisco recipe for these. I use a thin medium when doing it.

Justenjoyingit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justenjoyingit Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 6

I also used the Wilton icing and it came out just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%