How Many More Times Can I Re-Ice This Thing?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 10:01pm by deanwithana

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:55am
post #1 of 4

I am working on a Tiffany Box cake, and I don't know if its the color , humidity,icing consistency or what but I cannot get this dang thing looking good.
It does'nt look "discount worthy", it just does'nt look as good as I would want.
I have scraped off the icing and re-iced 3 times, each time with a new batch on bc, each time it looks like crap.

How many more times do I need to redo it. I'm putting ribbon on it so I 'm thinking that will take some of the attention away from the crappy icing but should I redo it one more time?

I know its not as noticable as I think it is, I'm always over reacting when it comes to my cakes, but the customer has called 3 times a day for the past week about this cake and I'm afraid if it is anything other then perfect I'm going to have some problems.

3 replies
rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:03am
post #2 of 4

If you have the time TAKE A BREAK. The longer you work on it the more you are going to get upset. Walk away from it for awhile. Take a nice warm shower or do something relaxing. When you come back you will feel better thus your work will be better. Trust me it works.
Rach.

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:15am
post #3 of 4

A quick look at your cakes tells me that you have nothing to worry about. You are just being over-critical about your own worth (as we all do, time to time) Take a break, if you feel that it is REALLY unacceptable, then re-ice it once more, however, be aware that another re-icing may not reach your 'ideal' and could be worse than the one it is now. It's a chance, really. I would say that you're likely just being a perfectionist, and anyone who sees what it is you have already, would be astounded!
Good luck!

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with the above.....take a cake break and don't be critical...your cakes are great!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%