Edible Image Printer

Decorating By mizshelli Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 9:57pm by Chrisl121070

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have an opinion on what printers work best with the Kopycake accessories and ink? I searched their website and only found that they recommend Epson and Canon, but is there a specific model you use? Is there a better option for ink and supplies than Kopycake or are they the best? I am doing some research into it and would welcome all opinions!

10 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:46am
post #2 of 11

The Canon printers seem to be less of a hassle. The only thing I can tell you is print out their cartridge page and got to your Local electronics store and price them from the chart. I use a canon i860 but they don't make them any more. I'm going to have to get another one soon. The PIXMA from Canon seems to be a good bet right now. However if you can afford it I would go with a large format so you can print the larger sheets. Right now I can only do the 8 1/2 x 11, the cupcake and the 8" circle. I hope this makes sense and helps a little!!!!! icon_redface.gif

Dave

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 11

It does make sense thank you. Is there a specific printer I need to look for or do the cartridges work with any Canon?

daveilg Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 11

KopyKake has several different cartridges for different printers. What you really need to do is go to the below links and compare the printers listed at KK with the printers available from Canon and pick the one that matches your budget.

http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=117

I would save the PDF file from KK so you can refer to it from time to time. I would also print it and take it with you when you go printer shopping. You may also want to do the same thing for the Epson printers just to give you more options! I know it's a little confusing and I wish KK would make it a little easier!

Good luck

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:10am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveilg

The PIXMA from Canon seems to be a good bet right now.

Dave

I don't see PIXMA on the link you posted - http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf

I am pretty computer savvy, but the links on KopyKake confuse me! LOL

daveilg Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:37am
post #6 of 11

I don't like the KopyKake lists either but the pixma printers have an Ip prefix on their model numbers. Ck out this link.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=117

What you have to do is compare the cartridges the listed printers use with the ones that are available now. The KK list is a little out dated. Looks like the IP4500 is available for about 129.00 and can be used with the KK Ip42 set of cartridges. GOOD LUCK!! hopes this makes it easier.

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:59am
post #7 of 11

I just purchased a Canon ip4200 at Adromedia.com for $68.00 with shipping. I haven't got my frosting sheets and cartridges yet, but I'll let you know how it works out.

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:02am
post #8 of 11

Sorry it is www.adorama.com It is very early here. icon_rolleyes.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 11

I have an epson and I dearly love it. It sits for months at a time and it has never clogged on me. I purchased it on ebay for under $60

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 11

I also love my new Epson!I also purchased it on ebay for under $60. Good luck !

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:57pm
post #11 of 11

Does anyone know if any of the Canon or Epson printers are wireless? I've tried looking at most of them, and didn't see any that were, but I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows.

Also, if anyone else who has an edible image printer could comment with which one they have, I'd appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%