Fondant Baby Feet Cutouts?

Decorating By c420 Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 1:10pm by CarriM

c420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
c420 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:05am
post #1 of 7

I have decorated cakes plenty as I went to baking school and do cakes out my home however, this seems to be tricky to me. I don't have feet cutters and will look to buy one at cake supply shop but need to finish this cake by tomorrow evening. Any ideas without using cutters. I thought about making a stencil from cardboard and cutting with knife. Maybe I'm just tired but need some reinforcement advice! Thanks a bunch! Ilove this site SO much, I don't know what I'd do without it!

6 replies
chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:52am
post #2 of 7

I had to do a cake...sorry, I don't have the pics... with baby feet. I iced in bc and used bc with #6 tip to make the foot print. I just sort of eyeballed it and it turned out really nice. I have a footprint cutter, but couldn't find it. I actually liked it better because then I could control the size a little bit if I wanted to make them smaller.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:20am
post #3 of 7

Michaels carries a foot-shaped cutter.

I think it would work to make one out of cardboard and cut around it. You could flip it over if you needed a cutout of the other foot.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8yf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8yf Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:39am
post #5 of 7

I have one in my pics, I used a oval cutter and a varity of tips for the toes.

c420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
c420 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks, I think I may just use buttercream if I can't find a cutter. I appreciate the help!

CarriM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarriM Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 7

I don't know if you're still needing help with this, but for mine, I printed a picture of feet that I liked and used the feet as a template.. I cut them out and laid over my rolled gumpaste and cut around them. For the toes I just rolled little gumpaste balls and shaped them how I wanted, they took no time at all! Here's the result:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1201437

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%