Quick Drying Icing?

Baking By girlfrosting Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 6:26pm by AmieB

girlfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girlfrosting Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 3

Is there such a thing as a quick drying royal icing for sugar cookies?

Backstory: My dear BFF has volunteered to make sugar cookies for an Easter dinner for the homeless. She asked me yesterday if I would help, since she knows my cookie baking skills. Unfortunately, she didn't pre-plan very well so we are going to need something that will be dry in 12hrs.

I already cringed when she showed me her tubes of slice and bake sugar cookies and she mentioned that she wanted to buy the Betty Crocker cookie icing they are advertising on TV. icon_cry.gif They are homeless, but I am sure they haven't lost their taste buds!

Does anyone have a recipe that might work in this situation? If it was just me, I would do MMF but I am afraid that might be too much work for her. She's got a big heart, but she doesn't have a crafty bone in her body.

2 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 3

If you are helping her, could she do the baking and you do the MMF? Have two of the same cutters so that she could continue to make the cookies while you cut out the MMF.

AmieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmieB Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with the MMF. That will be your best option at this point. It's nice of her to do this and totally sweet for you to help. Let us know how it worked out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%