Peeps - Love 'em Or Hate 'em?

Lounge By beachcakes Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 6:14pm by MeNameJane

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:44am
post #1 of 32

Since Easter is quickly approaching, I got to thinking of Peeps. How can I not? They're everywhere!!

Ok, I admit it - they give me the creeps! Especially the blue chicks that look like they're suffocating! A coworker used to strategically leave them on my desk each Easter. Ever put one in the microwave? icon_eek.gif

So... do you love them or hate them?

31 replies
fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 32

I think they are gross and I agree some of them are scary!!!

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 32

As a kid, I LOVED them. Now, not so much, but I still think they're cute. icon_smile.gif

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 32

Loved them when I was little, dont care for them now. But my kids love them so I still get them every year! icon_smile.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 32

I've always thought that they were nasty just like jellybeans, I don't mind the way they look.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 32

I hate them! With a passion! LOL

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:13pm
post #7 of 32

I like to leave them out for a couple of days to get a little stale. Very weird, I know.

My kids like to have the peep wars in the microwave every easter.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I've always thought that they were nasty just like jellybeans, I don't mind the way they look.

I'm right there with ya!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 32

I LOVE THEM! I ate a whole pack just the other day. Felt a little sick afterwards.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 32

Absolutely, positively DESPISE those monsters! icon_lol.gif

We were just discussing this on another forum I'm a member of. They know my extreme dislike for them and we were entertaining ourselves with various peep pictures. I'll see if I can get them here. A friend of mine created the "5 ways to kill a peep" series.

musbeus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musbeus Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 7:59pm
post #11 of 32

Neither love nor hate. I may eat one or two each year.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 9:28pm
post #12 of 32

OK, excuse our morbid humor but she did this and it cracked me up. Here is the montage of how to kill a peep:

By hanging

By decapitation

By drowning, preferably with a rock

With a big truck

And her fav - deep fry it and serve it up with buffalo sauce, ranch and celery

This was a random pic someone passed along - a peep show!

beachcakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 9:50pm
post #13 of 32

OMG Ironbaker! Those are hilarious!! I LOVE IT!!!

I named the last one I got at work after DH's landlord, then stuck paper clips in him and hung it - voodoo Peep! that was about 3 years ago... wonder why I haven't gotten one in a few years? Hmmm...

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:56pm
post #14 of 32

Aww! That "peep show" is adorable! But peeps are gross!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:44pm
post #15 of 32

I love them, but only after I have opened the package and let them get hard as a rock. I don't care for them when they are soft and fresh, only stale and hard.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:05am
post #16 of 32

A "Peep Show"! Too funny!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:57am
post #17 of 32

Oh dear god, I can't believe she murdered those poor peeps!!!

All this talk about peeps is making me crave some, and the only ones I have are hidden in my closet for Easter baskets....!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:23pm
post #18 of 32

I would rather scrub toilets in a Women's Prison that eat Peeps.

But "Peep Show" was hysterical! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:19am
post #19 of 32

The Just Born hq (Peeps manufacturer) is located here near me, and they are my client. I have them over for lunch all the time, they have meetings and other functions here regularly, and my contact always brings a big bag of Peeps, Mine and Ikes, and whatever else they make, and I always give the Peeps to this gross co-worker of mine that scarf them down in like 2 seconds flat. For Christmas one year, I collected Peeps from the whole year, let them go stale, and hot glued them onto a styrofoam cone and made the most beautiful topiary you've ever seen-all out of Peeps. SHE CRIED. Then a few months later, we had roaches and ants in our office. icon_surprised.gif

The company has a "Peepsmobile" that is a bright yellow Volkswagon beetle that has been modified to look like a Peep. So cute!

beachcakes Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:31am
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

The company has a "Peepsmobile" that is a bright yellow Volkswagon beetle that has been modified to look like a Peep. So cute!

Oh My Gosh! That's just so wrong! I hope I never see that driving down the road!! icon_lol.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:57pm
post #21 of 32

We buy extra peeps at Easter and save them for when we go camping in the summer. There is nothing better than a roasted peep...the sugar on the outside carmelizes and the peep melts. Peep smores are the best!

michellenj Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:58pm
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmw

We buy extra peeps at Easter and save them for when we go camping in the summer. There is nothing better than a roasted peep...the sugar on the outside carmelizes and the peep melts. Peep smores are the best!

That actually sounds good!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:42am
post #23 of 32

I have no idea what peeps are but those photos are too funny!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:12am
post #24 of 32

Peeps are an Easter must-have. Marshmallow shaped into a "peep"...although real peeps don't look like this...they have a sugar coating on the outside. They started with only yellow peeps, but now you can get almost any color and shape throughout the year. Happy Easter everybody!

Paula

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:30am
post #25 of 32

IMHO you might just as well eat those sparkle candies straight from the jar and/or sugar by the spoonful!

I do love the "peep show", that is priceless!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:46am
post #26 of 32

I had my first Peep today. Ick. They were soft, but they tasted stale to me, no flavor at all. Didn't taste like a marshmallow to me either. My MIL even dipped their "bottoms" in chocolate and I still couldn't swallow it. I think they are just a tradition that you have to buy at Easter, but I've never seen anyone actually eat one!

beachcakes Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:50am
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I had my first Peep today. Ick. They were soft, but they tasted stale to me, no flavor at all. Didn't taste like a marshmallow to me either. My MIL even dipped their "bottoms" in chocolate and I still couldn't swallow it. I think they are just a tradition that you have to buy at Easter, but I've never seen anyone actually eat one!

Unfortunately my son loves them! I think it's just to torture me...

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #28 of 32

oooh, i love them when they are all hard and stale. we used to put them in the microwave and 'kill' them! it was fun! dh bought my two boys chocolate bunnies for easter and they were kinda gross. and i think the colored ones (pink, blue, anything but yellow and white) taste bitter.

michellenj Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:30pm
post #29 of 32

The vanilla creme ghost peeps at Halloween are actually tasty. I guess they sell them around the country and not just here in Peepsville.

MeNameJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeNameJane Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:39pm
post #30 of 32

First off, I think peeps are gross. However, I think the peepmobile thing is neat and I'd love to see a picture of that. (People think of everything these days!)

I hadn't seen the 5 ways to kill a peep pictures but I have seen the peep show and about spit my coke on the computer screen when I saw it the first time I was laughing so hard.

My inorganic Chemistry teacher in college used to take peeps and demonstrate vacuum pressure by putting a peep into a vacuum chamber and hooking it up to a stream of water. It became a popular trick and she would do it every semester for her students. The peep's body would expand to about 2 to 3 xs as big and when she would release the pressure and take the peep out she would continue the days lesson. At the end of class she would take a non-altered peep and compare it side by side to the peep that had been in the vacuum chamber and the vacuum chamber peep was actually smaller than it was originally. It was a really neat trick to show some simple physics/chemistry. Every test we had a couple of bonus questions and at least one was about some disney movie or character. She was an awesome teacher!

Sorry, I know this conversation was over like 2 weeks ago but I saw the topic and just had to share!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%