Need Ideas - "snow Buddies" - Dog Sledding Cupcake

Decorating By imartsy Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 11:24pm by oodu

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 7

I've been asked to make cupcakes based on the movie "snow buddies".... I'll upload a photo. I could do just some random cute puppy cupcakes... but i was trying to stay closer to the theme.... thought I'd ask if any of you had any other ideas... I've thought about doing puppy face cupcakes... but none of the ones I've seen really match the black and white dog.

I've also thought about modeling some dogs out of fondant to put on top - but I don't know that they will want to pay for all the effort to do that (it would be 24 hand modeled dogs.....)

Please let me know if any of you wonderful creative people have any ideas!
LL
LL

6 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:06am
post #2 of 7

What if you made a mound of stacked snow cupcakes covered in white icing and coconut or white chocolate shavings to represent snow and modeled a couple of the dogs to place at the top or coming down the cupcake hill possibly pulling a sled. Then you could remove the doggies and all the kids could have a cupcake.

Another option would be do do cupcakes with their different collars on it, didn't one have a jersey he wore and then maybe name the dogs on their respective cupcakes.

Another idea.....Make the snow cupcakes, cut out fondant dog bones or make cookie bones and add either the kids names, or the dogs names to them on top. You could cover your display board with pictures from the movie covered in clear saran wrap or food safe clear contact paper. It will bring the theme to life.

that's my last thought for the night, I'm heading to bed.

good luck, post your final design for us later.

Dee in AZ

imartsy Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:54am
post #3 of 7

you know, I really don't know much about the movie... doesn't seem like it was all that big b/c I could only find one thing on it on the Disney site - and that was the movie itself... no merchandising of any kind....
I think it's about dog sled racing though.....

thanks for the idea... keep 'em coming!

musbeus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musbeus Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 7

My son has this movie and loves it. It is about sled racing. Each puppy has a very cute personality. LOL I think modeling the puppies, a sled, and maybe even the little boy from the movie would be adorable.

If you have any questions about the movie, please feel free to email me.

Tara

imartsy Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:15am
post #5 of 7

Hmm i'm still trying to figure out how to make it into cupcakes...

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:28am
post #6 of 7

Maybe instead of making a mountain of the cupcakes..............just line them up like a flat piece of snowcovered land,bumps are okay and add your modeled sled and dogs and boy on top. Remove when serving.

oodu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oodu Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 7

I am not familiar with the movie, but since it is about dog sledding, why don't you make 1 cupcake decorated as each dog (you can make the cupcakes into dog faces by mounding or piping lots of icing, and then adding details such as ears, faces, collars, etc. with icing, fondant, or candy). Then you can arrange them on your cake board as if they are pulling a sled (you can use liccorice strings for the ropes), and then bake a simple 9 x 13 cake (cover the cake in white icing and make it look like snow...you can even place a few unwrapped cupcakes on the cake and ice them over so you have hills. Then you can model a simple sled out of gumpaste). Sorry this is long!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%