The Best Chocolate Frosting Recipe

Baking By firegal79 Updated 9 Jan 2007 , 4:56pm by m0use

firegal79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firegal79 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 10:50am
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a a chocolate frosting recipe that is easy to make and tastes really good. I need it for a groom's cake that I am doing in two weeks.

7 replies
sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 8

Have you tried the one on the Hershey's cocoa can? It's really popular and very delicious!

Amber

bamagirl92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bamagirl92 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 8

I use an icing my Mom taught me that is as follows:

1 sitck of butter melted
1 - 2lb. bag of Powdered sugar
Hersheys cocoa to taste
Thin to desired consistency with milk or I like Heavy cream it gives it a richer flavor.
1 tsp. Vanilla

I put the powdered sugar and a couple of Tbsp. of cocoa in my mixer first then add the butter and vanilla. Start with a few Tbsp. of your milk or cream and keep adding slowly till you reach the consistency you want. I use this on all my Chocolate cakes and everyone seems to love it!! Last weekend I used it on a grooms cake and once it was iced thinned the left over icing down, added brown coloring and melted choc chips and drizzled it all over the top and down the sides of the cake!

Good luck!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 4:54am
post #4 of 8

I have always used my regular BC icing and add chocolate to you. You can add melted baking sqaures, chocolate chips or even candy melts. For the baking sqaures you can start with 4oz, but you can always add more depending on how chocolately you would like it to be. I've used a whole bag of chocolate chips or candy melts for a double batch of icing.

Just remember that you will need to add some extra liquid as the chocolate will dry the icing out more.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:06am
post #5 of 8

All i can say is Toba Garrett chocolate ganache buttercream.

Absolutely Delicious!

Everytime I make it my DH whines becasue it is nto for him. A little labor, but a wholelotta love.

Good Luck,
Julia

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:14am
post #6 of 8

The Chocolate Syrup b/c recipe is popular on CC:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2033-4-Chocolate-Syrup-Frosting.html

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:45am
post #7 of 8

This is my personal favorite and most requested by family, friends and customers when they want chocolate icing.
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2315-Sarah-Bernhardt-Chocolate-Glaze.html

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 8

I use this as my base: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1602-6-ButterCream-Icing-for-Frozen-Transfers.html
I then add at least 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/3-1/2 chocolate syrup, and if I need to thin the frosting I use vanilla rice dream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%