Sps System, How Does It Work?

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 7:12pm by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 6

I have read in a lot of post about people using the SPS system for stacking cakes.
Can or does anyone have a "How to use" or a tutorial on using the SPS system.

I would really like to know how this system works.
EXP: How to you put it all together?, just how does the scored columns work? can they be cut to size or do you have to order the size you need (the ones I saw said they were 9" long)? That was all I saw, maybe I looked in the wrong places.

I do understand that when it comes to the plates you order the sizes you need or will be needing. I think it's the scored columns that I am having trouble understanding how they work.

If this is a stupid question or has been address in this way before, please forgive me. I am just really interested in how this system works. I know this is the only stacking system that some decorators use and they swear by it.

I thought instead of PM'ing someone who said they use SPS system for stacking, that I would post the question in a thread,... so if any others were like me they could also read this thread.
Thanks & God Bless,
Sharon

5 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 6

HI Sharon icon_smile.gif

SPS works like this....the seperator plates have a pointy notch that comes up and goes through a hole you would make in your cake board icon_smile.gif (making that part very secure)...then the legs attach TIGHTLY in the seperator plates icon_smile.gif , not wiggly and wobbly like Wilton ....

The columns come in 4" and 9 " (my 9 " are scored every inch till you get to 4) .... easily cut at the score mark...

I hope I didn't confuse you with my awful detailing Sharon... icon_rolleyes.gif I am not good at explaining sometimes.

Very good investment and a cheap sturdy solution icon_smile.gif

Have a wonderful day!

Christi

wgoat5 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 6

excuse me I think it's every 1/2 inch icon_rolleyes.gif I'll check icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

Hi back at ya Christi icon_smile.gif ,

Thank You so much for your reply. Your details were wonderful and you didn't confuse me at all. If anything you did help me to understand the way the system & scored columns work, and why I only saw the 9" ones. I also know now that they come in 4" sizes.

Now another question, were is the best place to order the system from?
Thanks & God Bless,
Sharon

p.s. Good Luck! to Lea & You come Sat. thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 6

www.oasissupply.com

icon_smile.gif Thanks for the luck Sharon !!! I need it icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 6

Your welcome Christi, you & Lea will do great. Thank for the link to the web site thumbs_up.gif

I might get to do a wedding cake for a friends sister, and what to have very good support for the cake.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%