Ok... Best Way To Make A Full Cake Like Scissors?

Decorating By plbennett_8 Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 3:12pm by patrice2007

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning all icon_smile.gif

Well, a woman I work with just walked in my office wanting a cake for next weekend for her daughter's shower in the shape of a pair of hair cutting scissors... What pops to mind is make a template and cut a sheet cake, then cover with fondant. Any other ideas???

Then...how much do I charge? Keep in mind, that I am just starting and want these ladies to keep ordering from me...

I also have a Sweet 16 cake for another woman at the office on the same day...lol Figure I will just have them both meet me at the office that Saturday morning at the same time...

Wooo Hooo! icon_biggrin.gif
Pat

3 replies
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know how many servings you need, but if you need alot you can always put the scissor shaped cake on top of another sheet cake.

Congratulations on the orders. Make sure you post pics, so we can see them.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 4

She's really not worried about the number of servings as they are having another cake also... She wants it for the novelty...

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 4

Your first idea was right......I would also make a template and cut if from a sheet cake. But as for the price.....I don't know because I just did a guitar cake last weekend and I think I under sold myself. I only charged the lady $65.00 and that cake was the size of a real guitar and took me about 6 to 7 hours. Oh well we learn as we go I guess. Good luck and don't forget to post the picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%