Camera Cake?

Decorating By ajp03d Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 1:34pm by ajp03d

ajp03d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajp03d Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:54am
post #1 of 7

A friend contacted me about a camera shaped cake for a birthday party. I've seen a couple cakes in the gallery but not many. Does anyone have experience shaping/stacking such a cake? I'm trying to figure out the best way to create the extended lens. Any ideas/opinions would be helpful!

thanks!

6 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:13am
post #2 of 7

I can help but I need to know if you want the camera standing up with the lens in front or lying on it's back with the lens sticking up. Either way it's fairly simple.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 7

Tiptop57 did an awesome camera cake! maybe you could PM her?

ajp03d Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 7

I would like it standing with the lens out in front.

Thanks for the tip Beach, I'll get in touch with her!

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 7

Let's see if I can get my picture to post. I did it in fondant. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. Not too bad for a first run.
LL

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 7

YIpee! I got it to post. I made this in white fondant adn then airbrushed it. I thougth that would be easier than making black fondant.

ajp03d Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 7

I finished the cake Friday afternoon and was pretty pleased. I would have liked to airbrush it but I have not yet found a gun that I like. So I was forced to make black fondant. (never fun!) But I was pretty happy with it and everyone else loved it so all in all it was a good experience. And for the record, super easy! icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%