Please Send Positive Energy My Way - I Just Found Out . Long

Decorating By ANicole Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:29am by MegWinn

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:50am
post #31 of 60

I 've got pregnant of my fifth just when i started the buisiness.
He is now 8 months.
It was very exhausting but the good thing was, because it is at the starting, it is good when it slowly builds up.
During the period of my delivery it was high summer and very slow, luckilly!!!!
And now it starts to grow and grow and i say many times, the timing of the baby in the first year is just right !
When you are a few years in buisiness it is much more difficult to have both.
Enjoy your pregnancy !!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:07am
post #32 of 60

HUGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I wish you the best of luck..
Edna

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:32pm
post #33 of 60

Wow. I'm so touched by all the well wishes and stories. You guys are amazing. I'm sorry for those of you who have lost a child. I can't even imagine how painful that would be.

Right now, I'm not feeling sick or anything - it's still really early on, but I'm hoping this is going to be a trend throughout the 9 months! And --- I woke up this morning and ate a piece of cake with milk - buttercream sounded yummy, not gross. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed! (Yeah, I'm off to a healthy start, I know!)

Thanks again everyone!!!

Amber

P.S. I think I'm going to be due November 16, but will find out for sure once I visit the doctor.

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:06pm
post #34 of 60

Congratulations icon_biggrin.gif With your own bakery you can keep a playpen/crib there and take your baby to work. I work in a family owned business and we all could bring our kids when they had days off-couch in back for when they were sick-desk for drawing, and we all took turns holding the baby and changing him. good luck. It can be done.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:58am
post #35 of 60

It'll be okay. Seriously. It'll be more than okay.

I remember being in that same situation. I was just about to go get my tubes tied, when I was faced with irrefutable proof that condoms just don't always work. But man, today, I love my Timmy. Such a wonderful child, he plans to be a chef one day. He's a great cook, makes a lot of my cakes, and he can ice them too. Who needs a girl child when you have a boy like mine? Look out Duff, that's what I say!

Three kids is a lot of work and chaos, because now you're beyond that whole "one for each hand" thing. But the joy, oh, the joy.

Seriously. It's gonna be way more than fine.

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:30pm
post #36 of 60

I only have one but at the beginning I had such a hard time, to make myself feel better I would watch documentaries on the Dilley sextuplets hehe, I was like, if these people can do it I'm going to make it too.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:04am
post #37 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber0717

I'm pregnant!

icon_surprised.gif

Honestly, this is insanity. I have 2 kids. My son is 2 1/2. My daughter is turning 1 in 2 weeks! I haven't told most of my family yet. This totally wasn't planned. My first two were. And I had just seen the doctor like 3 days ago and convinced him to tie my tubes - which I was in the midst of getting the green light from the insurance company - when I was like..hm........ I'm two days late......hm.................. Well - then I found out via HPT last night.

I will definitely need lots of support during these 9 months if you all can try to keep me reassured and positive about this whole thing - I already love all of you, but I would love you even more! icon_smile.gif

Not to sound like I am taking a blessing for granted... I am looking at it like this - it was meant to be. This little person is meant to be part of our family. That's all there is to it. And you can't argue with destiny! I do already love my baby and I'm sure he or she will be an awesome addition to the family. It's so strange that last time I got pregnant I was taking a Wilton class and I had to miss the final class because the smell of buttercream sickened me so badly. I have thought of that so many times since then whenever I see one of the CC members with the pregnancy ticker at the bottom of the screen I wonder how they can be around the buttercream all the time without puking...... Well - guess what?! I'm going to be one of those people! And strangely, I just started a class last Thursday! icon_surprised.gif

Anyway, with just starting out my bakery, JUST getting my son potty trained about a month or so ago and JUST ABOUT to get my daughter off formula - I didn't even have a chance to do the happy dance yet at reaching these milestones and here I am ... getting ready to start all over again! AHHH I have mixed emotions... I can't help it. That's why I'm venting to you guys.. I just wanted some encouragement maybe from someone whose been in my shoes with starting a business and all...... Nothing will stop me - I'm hell bent on giving this thing a try (the bakery). I am someone who was born to be a mother, though. I've wanted kids my whole life. And I'm very blessed. They bring me so much joy I couldn't live without them. I can't even be without them for a few hours without missing them like crazy! So I guess it's going to be tough for a little while longer, but once they all get older, it will probably get a little easier.

Ok - so ... if you read through all of this and you're still with me - post a reply and tell me not to worry, okay?!!!!

So how are you feeling now? Just thinking about you. How far along are you? You feeling any better? It will be fine!!!! Hope you are doing well!!!

keconnell08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keconnell08 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:04am
post #38 of 60

I thought I was done with #3. My first was with highschool sweetheat at 17. She was and is still hell on wheels.

My hubby and I had two and thought we were done. I told him to get fixed or get the Costco box of condoms.

A few years later he still wasnt fixed and lots of friends and family were popping up preggo.

I said "Maybe we could have one more", he said "I was thinking the same thing". I was pregnant within a month............

End of story... I have

a 4 year old son
an 8 yr old daughter
a 10 year old son
a 21 year old , married, mother of
a 10 week old, 17lb, chuncky monkey, flirty, Nanas boy, GRANDSON

Life is FUN!!!

Congratulations!!!

PS
Hubby is fixed now.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:05am
post #39 of 60

. . . may God richly bless . . . oh, wait a minute . . . He already has!!! (((((hugs))))) to you . . . congrats too!!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:51am
post #40 of 60

I haven't read through all your replies but.. I can sooo feel for you..

You felt like all was getting a little more situated.. a little more organized.. and that maybe you had a little more "me" time and all of that...

Let me tell you.. my middle child was 7.. I was thrilled with our life.. I was at that time about 350 pds.. and I was losing weight.. I was told after my 1st daughter not to worry about getting pregnant by 2 doctors.. so no need to go through the "tying of the tubes" surgery. Well my sister was getting ready to go into labor in Florida so my DM and DD flew down right away to be there with her and my BIL ... as I was waiting at my mom's house my belly moved!!! I thought.. what in the world..???!??!! I was losing weight and it stunned me... I thought.. "Am I pregnant?" or is this a "tremor " or what.. so whilest I was waiting for my parents to call me on the birth I ran a 1/2 hour away to the nearest Wal Mart and grabbed 3 tests... got home and started peeing on the sticks LOL.... They turned quickly ALL three of them.. (I had been on meds also) .. I cried.. I was all by myself.. DH was at work.. I cried.. and I was upset about being pregnant... When DH got home I had a crazy spell.. I was all ready to be done with diapers and start "living" again.. Well the doc. got me in right away ... like the next day because I had been on meds.. they did an ultrasound and the nurse ran out of the room and got two more nurses and a doctor...

I said "is there a problem" .. they looked stunned.. You didn't know you were pregnant they asked? I said nope.. .really I didn't ... I was losing weight..!!! They said well you were doing something right because you are 7 1/2 months pregnant.. I FAINTED!!!! I had nothing.. crib NOTHING...

To make a REALLY long story short.. It will be ok.. My now 6 year old was a blessing in disguise icon_smile.gif...

Sending you big hugs!!!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #41 of 60

Wow Christi! What a story! I think I would have fainted too!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #42 of 60

Wow Christi.. what a revalation.. no time to get used to it all.. your baby will be here in less than 3 months!!! Damn!

To the OP.. take it from someone who is struggling with unexplained infertility.. it is a blessing and you should be thankful, but make sure you allow yourself to have those "Oh SH!T" moments. Let yourself freak out and go through it all. (((hugs))) Congratulations.. I wish I were in your shoes. We are in the throws of IVF right now and I'd give anything for an oopsie. Take care and good luck!!!! icon_smile.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #43 of 60

Christi, that's a great story!!! Mine boys are 16 and nearly 20, now. I took Wilton I Course before my first was born and made birthday cakes up until they got too old to want whimsy... just German Chocolate. I put the tools away for ten years while I did soccer, ROTC, sports, PTA, etc. Always baking, though! Empty nest hit hard when my oldest was graduating HS, and my good friend encouraged me to get my decorating tools back out. Last year, really one year ago this week, I started having fun with sugar again! Moral of my story? Over time, I have truly come to realize that God is in control and I am not. Timing is everything and HIS is perfect. Blessings to all the mothers working to keep the many, many (cake) balls in the air!

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:33pm
post #44 of 60

I totally understand the initial freakout! I freaked out and we were trying to get pregnant with #2! (I just didn't expect it to happen after just one try icon_smile.gif I've got 4 weeks to go and I'll have 2 under 2 (and you can understand that anxiety.) I'm sure you'll handle it all once the SHOCK wears off. Congratulations. Someone told me the other day about a lady they knew who went in for her 6 week postnatal checkout and found out she was already pregnant...YIKES icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:45pm
post #45 of 60

All children belong to God. He gives them to us as a gift and He entrusts us with raising them and taking care of them. I know that you look at your other two children as beautiful gifts and this one is too.

It is normal to feel overwhelmed when a pregnancy is unexpected or comes at a time when you think that you are not ready. But think of this enormous gift that you are receiving. Twenty years from now, you will only laugh about this and say "Why didn't I relax and enjoy it?"

So, relax and enjoy it. AND especially, do not worry about what family and friends say. Have a good comeback ready when someone says, "Your pregnant again?!", like "Yes, isn't it wonderful, how blessed I am." Never feel you have apologize or explain to others because remember, you didn't choose this, God chose you.

Babies are blessings. Congratulations!! icon_biggrin.gif
Kathy - mom to 4 blessings, 18, 16, 14 and 2 years old (now tell me if getting pregnant at 40 isn't a surprise!!)

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:57pm
post #46 of 60

wow, all of your stories are amazing! Babies are such a blessing, and although the thought is terrifying, they are so worth it! Just remember that it will be hard at the beginning but it gets easier as they grow. My boys are 5 & 6 now and I miss those baby days. I'd love to have another but my husband is done so I can only hope for an "accident." icon_rolleyes.gif
Good luck to you and lots of baby fat, cooing, yummy smelling days are headed your way, enjoy them while you can!!!

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:08pm
post #47 of 60

I'm sending my congrats, too! What a blessing to add to your family! We have 6, plus we homeschool, and I must say that sometimes it's a challenge to get both cakes and school done, but it's so much fun!!! These days are passing so quickly, and one day I'll have to lick my own beaters because they'll all be gone....enjoy these moments now!! And remember, cakes will always be there, but our children won't, so we must put all of our extra energy into raising them right!! We only get one chance at that!! Blessings!!

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #48 of 60

I've been there. DH and I had 2 children...3 years apart. DD was 3, and a little ornery. DS was newborn. He was a NIGHTMARE. He had colic and cried ALL the time. DD was suffering from new sibling blues. She'd been the center of our universe for 3 years. Now there was this screaming, obnoxious little guy in the house and she wanted him gone! It was hard to meet their needs and I was tired! Somehow, (and I still blame it on me being a deep sleeper icon_biggrin.gif ) I ended up pregnant again when DS was only 6 months old! I cried for a few days, feeling overwhelmed and just too tired to entertain the idea of another pregnancy/baby. DS had to be carried throughout my pregnancy...he began to walk about 2 months before #3 was born. Once, at 6 months pregnant, I fell down the steps while carrying him. I was worried about him, and baby #3 and even me (I broke my tail bone). It was a tough time. I finally decided that this was a wonderful thing. I was being blessed with another baby! I knew people who couldn't even have one. This was not a diagnosis of some terrible disease. THIS WAS GREAT NEWS!

Baby #3 is now almost 3. She is pure joy and she completes us so perfectly. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that she came along when she did because I truly think if it'd been up to me, I really might not have had her and that would have been tragic! She was meant to be here, as is your little one. And at least they'll be close and you'll get diapers and formula and all of the tough times over with and then just enjoy their milestones. And they'll always have a friend. My 2 youngest play so well together and they have each other when I can't be their entertainment and it's wonderful. Congratulations to you! I hope it is a smooth 9 months. Know you can always come here to laugh, cry, vent, ask questions......Many of us have been there and understand. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:19pm
post #49 of 60

I totally can relate. I have 4 children. When I had my third child(the first 3 are all 3 years apart) we agreed that we would wait probably till she was 4 or 5 till we had one more (if we were gonna have any). When she was 11 months old I found out I was pregnant again by accident of course. We totally weren't ready for it. Financially, emotionally, and as a married couple (even if we were married for 6 years at the time, we were having alot of problems). I didn't want to tell my family in fear of them talking bad because I just had a baby not even a year before that. When I did finally tell my mom she said something to me that is very true. "Everything will be OK. It always is. Babies are blessings that you may not see right now. Just think about it, there are so many couples in the world that can't have even one child and you are blessed with now 4. Your stepbrother and his wife have been trying for 5 years and still can't have a baby......." I thought about it and it is so true. Don't worry girlie. Everything will be ok, it always turns out to be fine. Babies are so much fun. If I didn't have 4 already and my tubes tied, I would love to have more. And my youngest is 9 months now. Good luck. You can achieve anything you put your heart to. Sometimes things might have to be put to the side temporarily but everything can be done, it's up to you to make it happen.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:22pm
post #50 of 60

My son was 2 1/2 when I had my surprise twins. Back then it never actually occurred to me that they'd (twins) be any more work than having one. I was a farm wife/mommy and as long as I had one to care for another wasn't any more work really.

I have a niece with a 2yr, 1 yr, 10 mo and is expecting again in October. Sure it's another mouth to feed and diaper/pants to change but she's already in the groove so it's not much more of a hassle. I'm glad we had ours close. Well we got the three we wanted in two trips but it sure has been a wonderful and blessed life. Now mine are grown and having their kids. If you can't go back and relive it, being a grandma, for me, is the next best thing!!

You'll be fine, as long as you realize them for the blessings they are and treat them accordingly. Raise them up with discipline and love and they will thank you for it later on. Mine did.

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:23pm
post #51 of 60

Yeah, like jadak said - you're certainly not alone!! Our first baby was 3 1/2 months old when i got pregnant again, and I sure would never trade that now cause my two boys couldn't live without each other! Then they got a sister before they both turned 3 and 2. They all just turned 4, 3, and 1 a couple months ago, and this month we're trying again! We decided we can't leave her without the opportunity of having a little partner like the boys have, so if this is a boy atleast we tried to give her a girl to go head to head with her brothers icon_biggrin.gif I'm starting my business this year too, and still have my regular job, and my babies are over 9lbs and like to suck the life out of me during pregnancy icon_wink.gif , but they're so worth it!!! I hope your pregnancy goes well, wish you the best of luck and another healthy little amazing person to watch grow!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:32pm
post #52 of 60

Well...look at it this way...you still have 2 really small children...could you imagine this happening when your other two were teenagers....Hmmmm....Congratulations!!!

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:56pm
post #53 of 60

congratulation! with two kids and a business, house and hubby to tend to, how did you even have time to get pregnant...LOL,LOLicon_smile.gif I have one little girl that is 20 months and my hubby just informed me the other night that he is ready to add to our family. I'm not sure that I want or am ready to. I enjoyed being an only child. It will all work out for you and your family. Good luck!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:31pm
post #54 of 60

Just wanted to pip in and say that I can relate as well.

I have 3 and only my middle child was planned (sort of, I had 2 miscarriages too)). I was actually getting things in order to get my tubes tied when I found out about #3. I was not happy, I tried but I wasn't. I love my kids but am not one of those that was "born to be a mom" or in love with the idea of being a mother. I would have been fine with 1 or none. I got married and had my kids young, felt like I had no time to be me. But God chose to place me with a husband from a large family who wanted kids and blessed me with 3.

I do my best. When they were all little and I was at home 24/7 I thought I would lose my mind. I had no one to turn to because I felt like no one would understand how conflicted I felt about my role as mom. It is such a blessing to be able to come here with women from all over and understand and support each other.

Everything will be fine though. My kids are now 7, 4, and 3. The youngest is in preschool and I am able to work on my biz and go back to school. Even though I don't feel like a "natural" at this, my kids always bring a smile and joy to me in some way. They are each special and I am so proud of them. No matter what I conflicts feel inside sometimes, I want to raise them right. They are happy, loved and secure and that makes me feel good. Like someone said, when they smile or say "I love you mom", all the sacrifice is worth it.

I hope you have an easy pregnancy. All things will fall into place in time! icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:54pm
post #55 of 60

Well we know you will love your new little one!!!

Plus he/she is another tax deduction icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

(just a little humor)

You will be ok.. just breathe and take it all in.. There is always plenty of love icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:57am
post #56 of 60

Just think, Marie Osmond has eight children and she looks great. I wish you a easy pregnancy and a healthy baby. You will be less nervous for this one and will be surprised how you can multitask with three babies. I would love to have had a house full of babies, but I was allowed to raise one very smart, serious and sensible son. I eventually opened a infant daycare to get my baby fever under control. I found that if you can get them on a routine of your choice that everyone adjust eventually and life is great. If you run your life according to their schedule, then you will always be worn out. I had this daycare for 15 years and I can say from experience that it can be done. I would have on any given day between 4 to 8 children ranging from 6 weeks to 2 1/2 years of age for eight hours a day, five days a week. I hope you are good at organization because that is the key to a stress free day, if there is such a thing.

Again, I hope you have a healthy baby and everything else is just filling.

Bellesweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellesweets Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:15am
post #57 of 60

what ever the out come is remember children are always a blessing and i hope you and yours are healthy and joyous thumbs_up.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:23am
post #58 of 60

Yay! Congratulations
Maybe this is the one that is going to pave the way!!!

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:26am
post #59 of 60

Congratulations! Children are such a blessing! both of mine were "miracles" as I had surgery foe endometriosis at 20 and was not sure that babies would come. I also raised a stepson from age 6. All three
were joys. May God Bless!

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:29am
post #60 of 60

I am 35 weeks pregnant with #6 and my oldest is 7. I cried with fright when I found out - but then again what ends up being the best gift ever is something we rarely could think of by ourselves (like my husband for example! Even if I had a magic lamp I NEVER could have created someone more perfect for me). I said this once before in another thread but I think it is worth repeating. We may all consider ourselves artists with our cake-work but the true eternal art is our children. The well tended soul is more beautiful than anything even Shakespeare could create. My sister in law is a singer and she has a song about "One More Soul for the Heavenly choir." How can the choir ever be too big? I wish you the very best of luck, minimal morning sickness, easy delivery and the strength to accept difficulty as an opportunity to grow as a person. Congrats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%