Need Help With Sugarshacks Icing Please

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 6:44pm by sugarshack

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 7

I made it and it tastes good....but at the end of her recipe (that was in the DVD) it says to let sit and get thick. WELL....mine is extremely thick now...I added 12 tablespoons of the hot liquid but it is still very thick... I already put it in a container to sit but when I go to use it will it be too hard to work with or should I put it back in the mixer and add more hot liquid to it?

ALSO....If I need most of it colored to a certain color can I remix the day I need it and add the coloring or should I do it all by hand?

Thank you (oh yes btw I LOVE this icing...not to sweet!!)

Thanks much guys and glad to see us all back icon_biggrin.gif

Christi

6 replies
galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 7

I made mine for the very first time this past weekend and I thought mine was really thick too. I'm curious too. Is there a safe way too thin it out without ruining it?

Kelley

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 7

When I made mine it seemed perfectly thin consistency. Did you add the tablespoons of flavoring? I can't remember right off how many but I'm thinking it was 4 tablespoons, not teaspoons. Just a thought. And the mixing of about 6 minutes?

You could also email her, she is so quick with her responses.

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 7

I have converted to her recipe and my family loves it so much better than all the ones I used before. I believe it's 3 tablespoons of vanilla and mine comes out fine, but I do find it is a little more work to get a smooth look. But still love it!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 7

I use 16 TOTAL TBS of liquid; 12 is creamer and 4 is my flavoring.

HTH!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 7

Sharon I used the 16 total. Can I add more when I have to use it and remix it?

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 7

sure; I have to add more sometimes, PS varies with the amount of cornstarch in it batch to batch. and brand to brand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%