Where Do You Get Your Americolor?

Decorating By MrsMom Updated 5 Jan 2007 , 8:32pm by MrsMom

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 6

Do you get it here or somewhere else? I'm trying to get a stash and don't know where to get them. What colors are good (most popular)? Can you get really red frosting with their coloring that doesn't taste nasty (unlike Wilton)?

5 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 6

Cake Central is the best place to get your Americolor's, even Americolor will tell you that thumbs_up.gif

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, the CC store is the best. Super fast shipping and great prices.

Yes..the Super Red is excellent. It's the only red I use, check out my pics.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 6

I tell all my students in my classes about CC and they ask where I get my Americolor from... of course I tell them here!! Best prices on it are here too!!

Noelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noelle Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 6

I also get mine from Cake Central. I have not even seen it at any of the places I shop. The price is right and their shipping is fast.

I have bought several of the reds. You can definitely get a very red color. I have not had the opportunity to experiment with it as much as I like. I only make cakes for our special occasions. I think the tulip red is supposed to be their no taste red although they say that any of them do not leave a taste. I have to admit I made a Valentines cake last year with Super Red and Electric Pink and I did have a bit of a taste. It was my first experience with Americolor so I probably did use way too much color so that may explain it. I haven't had a chance to experiment much with it since. I usually just use the tulip red and have had good luck with it. Other people are way more experienced than me and will be able to tell you better. I also like to use the Avacado for my leaf and vine colors. I don't know what other colors you should get. I bought most of the colors and haven't used them all yet. I have used sky blue quite a bit. I'd just try to go by what you typically like to do or projects you have coming up.

Noelle

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 6

See, that's the thing...I don't know what I like to do and I don't have any projects coming. Well, except for my DD's 3rd bday in Feb and my DS's 1st bday in April. I'm new at all this...haven't even taken a class yet.

Thanks for the help, though. I'll check out the CC store. If anyone has any color recs, bring 'em on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%