Partial Refund???

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 9:55pm by elizw

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 4

I delivered a cake this morning that was an 8" choco and 6" strawberry.
I just remembered the customer had called me and changed her mind about the filling and requested strawberry bc on the 6" cake instead on vanilla bc.
I never wrote it down and completely forgot until now, I did'nt use strawberry bc I used vanilla. I double the original order confirmation before I filled the cakes and it said "reg bc", I had never updated it.
Is this a huge problem, should I call her and tell her I forgot and offer a partial refund or discount on her next order?
Its just the 6" and I'm sure they have eaten it by now and I have'nt heard anything from her?
I mean she still did get a strawberry cake with buttercream, just not strawberry butter cream.
Am I making a bigger deal out of this then it is?

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 4

I'd call and tell her that you remembered about the change, and offer a small refund or a credit on a future order. It's better in the long run if you acknowledge the mistake rather than waiting for her to call you.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 4

I think I would call too. Tell her you are sorry that you forgot to note it in her file and you would be happy to offer a 10% discount off of her next cake for the confusion. I am sure that it didn't wreck the party, but she will be very happy to hear from you and will appreciate the jesture.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I'd call and tell her that you remembered about the change, and offer a small refund or a credit on a future order. It's better in the long run if you acknowledge the mistake rather than waiting for her to call you.

i agree. she will appreciate that you remembered and considered her business important enough to keep!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%