How Do I Make My Cake Dry?

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 2:20am by willman

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 6

I made a cake for a customer 2 weeks ago. They loved it but told me it was too moist and can I make the next one dryer?

Oh my! I haven't had that complaint before. I use the cake doctor's recipe for a basic butter cake with sour cream. The next one they want chocolate.

Any suggestions?

5 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 6

I've actually had someone tell me this before..... hmmmmm.... guess you could bake it a little past the done stage.... but in my opioion, they either like my moist cake or they go somewhere else. I'm not going to play with success..... 99.99% of my customers rave about my cakes.... it ain't broke, don't fix it icon_smile.gif

rozdei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozdei Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 6

I agree with Jennifer. I guess you can't please everyone, most people complain about dry cakes. That's too funny about complaining about a cake being too moist.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 6

Tell them to buy the cake a week ahead of time and let it sit on the counter for that week!! If they cut it first, that will help dry it out for them.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 6

I've had ONE person say (not really a complaint really) that my cake tasted "wet with water"! LOL It was my South African friend who was used to DRY fruitcake! LOL That was almost 2 years ago. Now, he LOVES when I bring food to the office!

Beth in KY

I agree with indydebi (what "good" CC'er wouldn't LOL!!)

willman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
willman Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:20am
post #6 of 6

you could take it a little past done but I would suggest if you do this to bake it at a lower temp so it will take longer to bake and therefore dry out a little

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%