Trouble Accessing Globalsugarart??

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 2:19am by leily

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:42am
post #1 of 12

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing globalsugarart.com? I keep getting either a "page not found" message or it goes to a chinese website, big hands little hands (or some such thing.) This happens both with the links from CC and also outside bookmarks. Am I the only one having this problem??

11 replies
SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:54am
post #2 of 12

www.globalsugarart.com works fine for me - try to copy and paste that into your browser, maybe that will work?

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:56am
post #3 of 12

Nope, it's still coming up that Chinese site. Same as if I access it through Google or one of the other search engines. Huh!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:05am
post #4 of 12

It's working ok for me.

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:09am
post #5 of 12

Huh. This is too weird! I can't access it through any route. Not through the CC links, not through Google, my bookmarks, nothing. I'm not having that problem with any other website either. Does anyone have a thought on what the problem could be??

CINDY1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CINDY1956 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:13am
post #6 of 12

I had trouble Thrusday and finally called them and told them that it was doing that ODD stuff...Mine said Big Hand, Little Hand and couldn't read the rest. The girl on the phone said she had never heard of that....
I ended up placing my order on the phone... but it is working tonight for me.

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:37am
post #7 of 12

Glad to know it's not just me!!! I can't access it from Cake Central either -- it comes up "page not found." The complete URL I'm seeing when I get the chinese site is www.globalsugarart.com/?aff=9x6GECBOFPB9. Very odd!!

thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:38am
post #8 of 12

Mine is doing it too. All Chinese. hmm?

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:45am
post #9 of 12

Okay, this is FAR too weird!! If I type in www.globalsugarart.net it works, but if I do .com it doesn't. Go figure! icon_confused.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:01am
post #10 of 12

I dont know why it happens from time to time with this site! Sometimes you just have to play around with it...use .net instead of .com or sometimes even .org! Dont know why but it happens. You Are Not Alone!! Alan and his crew are aware as well...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:55am
post #11 of 12

take a look at this thread with the same topic. There are some people who did some different things to access Global Sugar Art w/success

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-575782.html

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:19am
post #12 of 12

Please see this thread from Global Sugar Art's webmaster. The problems are fixed and the website is accesible all the time now!!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-576981.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%