Which Are Better And Easier For Wedding Tastings

Business By FlowerGirlMN Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 8:09pm by dinas27

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 2

I meet with some of them, but most are quite happy to just handle it by phone or email. I only meet with people who are ready to order from *me*. From the beginning, I wasn't interested in bothering with personal consults for people shopping around. Much rather feed the, give the my prices, and then meet with buyers.

The first tasting was a ridiculously high sign rate - soewhere around 2/3 signed contracts. One person went even though she's getting her cake fro her caterer (but never bothered to bring that up before the tasting, lol!), and one couple is postponing their wedding another year, but is intent on booking. I'm working with a few others, so it'll be higher than 2/3

So far I have 3 contracts from the tasting a week and a half ago, and am emailling back and forth with a few more, and finalizing with 1 more today. I figure on giving 1 month total. I have all of the contact info for those who attended, and figure most who will want to sign with me will do so before Mid March, when there is a LARGE wedding show we're going to.

Yes- they all know what their prices will be before the end of the tasting. As for the bridal fair, I use my use of the space to negotiate the room rental fee down - I let the hotel put out a stack of their reception folders.

1 reply
dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 2

thanks for the response flowergirl! Sounds like you have a really great set up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%