Am I Over Charging?

Decorating By christeena Updated 1 Feb 2008 , 11:32pm by christeena

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 1 Feb 2008 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 4

mezzaluna - you've got a point there! I just need to get over it and realize that my time and talent is worth more than "it's just cake"!!! I'm sure when it's all over with, I'll think, "Geez, $2 a serving didn't nearly cover my stressload, time, ingredeints, yada, yada, yada!!

3 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Feb 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 4

How can you feel guilty if they agreed to it? You should only feel guilt when you do something wrong, and you didn't hold a gun to them and FORCE them to buy your cake!

1joanna1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1joanna1 Posted 1 Feb 2008 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 4

o.k. now I have a question, why do you charge more for fondant than b.c.? Is it because it is harder to do, or is it because of the cost? THanks, really need to know, because I will be doing my first wedding cake also in 2 weeks, and the bride told me how she wanted it decorated, but that it didn't matter if Iused fondant on all of them, or just the main one, and then did b.c. on the smaller side cakes. Now, this is for a family member, that is very young and very easy to please. She is a really "basic" person, doesn't lke alot of flash. Any ideas?

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 1 Feb 2008 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 4

summernoelle - I know I SHOULDN'T feel guilty but that little devil that sits on my shoulder says, "the youth pastor and his bride are young, they are saving for a house, they don't have alot of money (their parents gave them a set amount to spend), yada, yada, yada and you have the nerve to take $1,100 of their wedding budget!! How could you!!" But they seemed thrilled to have someone from the congregation doing their cake and they didn't even wince when I told them the cost. They had looked around a bit before our tasting and loved my cakes. Okay, Okay, no more guilt!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%