What Should I Put On The Top Of This Cake?

Decorating By EmilyGrace Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 3:38pm by edencakes

EmilyGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyGrace Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 10

Well, I went with the large flower. I had a bit of a loop bow mishaap (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-576722-.html)!!
I'm sure the bow loop would have looked nice too... but I think I like the flower. There wasn't enough room to do all the detail I was planning to do but I think it's okay the way it is. And the names came out pretty good to considering I'm horrible at piping words!! Let me know what you think!
LL
LL

9 replies
edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 10

Omgosh - I LOVE it! How did you make the flower (similar to a bow, but with your cool petals instead I'm guessing)?

It looks awesome!

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 10

I think you should do a variety of gumpaste flowers all in the shade of pink you are using for the writing, and have like little pink "berries" come out on top attached to wire to give it more height. By berries I mean like little balls of pink fondant. I think that would look really nice. I love seeing cakes with the various shades of one color, I just do not like how the white looks either it be a bow or flowers, but that is just me. Good luck, I love your design, Sincerely, Veronica

EmilyGrace Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks edencakes! I cut out hear shapes from gumpaste/fondant mix and then ruffled the edges and let them dry (some in mostly flatened cupcake cups, some in upright cupcakes cups for different height) and then once they were dry I took a ball of gumpaste and pushed each petal in. For the center I just put a dollop of buttercream in the center and stuck pearl dragees into it.

That would have been beautiful veronica! Unfortunately the customer is picking it up today so the flower will have to do! (Also, I was doing the topper for free so I didn't want to do anything to extensive!). icon_biggrin.gif

EmilyGrace Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 10

I meant heart shape, not hear!! icon_lol.gif

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 10

Ah ok, well yeah that kinda cuts that idea down. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Sincerely, Veronica

EmilyGrace Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 10

The picture above is the finished product!! icon_biggrin.gif

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:01am
post #8 of 10

I vote for the bow too.

Lomikesa

edencakes Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 10

EmilyGrace - thank you for describing how you made the flower! I will DEFINITELY be hanging on to those instructions, because I LOVE it. For real... (can you tell I'm very in love with your flower? lol)

edencakes Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 10

Oh yeah... and I'm sorry to hear (read?) about your bow loop mishap... but if it makes to feel any better that sounds EXACTLY like something I would have done. Plus, you gave everyone a good laugh, too icon_lol.gif

Besides, I like the flower better anyway icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%