Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By tallenp Updated 31 Dec 2006 , 9:13pm by nglez09

tallenp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallenp Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 5

I am getting ready to make a reda velvet cake with the traditional cream cheese frosting. Will I be able to make roses with the cc frosting and also will it crust? I have never used it on a decorated cake.

4 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to CC! icon_biggrin.gif

I use the crusting cream cheese icing recipe on here and I have been able to make a form of roses (work quickly. they are very soft!) but needed to put them in the freezer for a few minutes to get them firm enough to handle to put on the cake.

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 5

To make roses try using half cream cheese and half crisco. You'll probably have to use extra ps. I use cream cheese icing all the time. I don't really follow a recipe. I just use some combination of cream cheese, crisco, and butter and add heavy cream and ps until I have the consistency I want. With cream cheese icing though, I always make it stiffer than I think I need it because once you start working with it, it softens up. For example, if I'm icing a cake I have what feels like medium consistency in the bowl and by the time I'm putting it on the cake it's more like thin.

jlmaison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlmaison Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 5

I put some merainge powder in the icing to help it crust and that works well for me! Jen

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 5

You can make a "special" icing just for the flowers. Cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. You don't need any measurements, just don't go overboard with the vanilla and add either of the ingredients as needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%