New Wilton Cupcake Book And Silicone Baking Cups

Decorating By bakingfool Updated 4 Jan 2007 , 11:41pm by adrisss

bakingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingfool Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 58

Has anyone seen these? I just bought the book today. Great cupcake ideas and I want the new baking cup shapes especially the ones with feet. I found these at Michaels. Great new items!!!!

57 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 58

I had not heard of it before your post. Tell me more... icon_biggrin.gif

bakingfool Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 58

Well, they have new silicone cupcake shapes, triangles, diamonds, squares and hearts. The really cool ones are the ones with feet, which they show making peple, clowns and a inch worm to name a few. It has different baby themed cupcakes and holiday, wedding, graduation. Just all really neat ideas with pictures of the finished ones with insrtuctions. If you like making cupcakes and need ideas they have some great ones in this book.

patygpm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patygpm Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 58

What is the name of tghe Wilton book? It sounds that it has great ideas!!

bakingfool Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 58

Hey, I found the website for this. It is www.cupcakefun.com The name of the book is also Cupcake fun. Go take a look it has great pics of the cupcakes there with instructions too.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 58

Wow, cool. Thanks for posting this! icon_smile.gif

bakingfool Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 58

I checked the site out and it deosn't have near the ideas that are in the book but it still has different ones then the book. On the cover of the book it says it has 150 cupcake and treat designs for every occasion. If you have a chance get the book and I paid $12.99 for it. Forgot to say how much it was. the site didn't show the silicone cupcake things.

luvcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcake Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:18am
post #8 of 58

Thanks so much for the information... I love cupcakes!!! I'm thinking about opening a Cupcake Shop !!!!

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:57am
post #9 of 58

Thanks for the info, I love cupcakes Too!!

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 1:08pm
post #10 of 58

Thanks for the info. Don't you just LOVE cupcakes? They're my new obsession. I got this cool pan for Christmas, and can't wait to try some stacked cupcakes, or maybe cupcakes done like decorated gifts? Any other ideas out there?

Maureen
LL

bakingfool Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 3:29pm
post #11 of 58

This is what this book has made with that shape: a chalkboard, a treasure chest,draculas coffin,frankenstein and his bride, school lockers, but if you think about it you could make a flower box, a long basket. That is about all my brain is up to this morning.

Barbend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbend Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 3:33pm
post #12 of 58

Great!!! I am in need of fun new cupcake ideas>

bakingfool Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 4:04pm
post #13 of 58

OOPs! Sorry I just noticed that was a square pan.for square shapes it had: a clown in the box(jack in the box), presents,look like one is supposed to be like noahs ark,eggs in a basket, flower basket. The other ideas were for like little loaf pans.

missyv110 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 6:38pm
post #14 of 58

Thanks bakingfool, I'm always looking for new cupcake ideas, this book sounds like fun. We're going over to visit friends this evening for a casual get-together. "Can I bring anything? Champagne?"

"No champagne, but could you possibly bring cupcakes?"

hee hee

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:24pm
post #15 of 58

Missyv110 - Love your square muffin pan - I want one icon_lol.gif . Where did you find it? Our Michael's has the new cupcake book and silicone shapes. They also have a king-size muffin tin - six huge, deep cavities that will make neat shapes. There are specialty liners to fit them, too. The cavities are about the size of a jumbo muffin but twice as deep. Hadda grab one of those, too. Looks like we're going to need to look for a larger house icon_biggrin.gif ...

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:33pm
post #16 of 58

I love cupcakes! If I'm asked to make something for a birthday I make cupcakes now because it's just easier, you don't need all the stuff you need when you serve a regular cake.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:55pm
post #17 of 58

Oh Yea! I posted about this the other day.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-56755.html

They also have new 4 pack cupcake boxes, a new cupcake decorating kit, cupcake pics and lots more!
It is great!!!
Also a new valentines 13 count cupcake stand!!

missyv110 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 5:18pm
post #18 of 58

ibmoser - I found my square pan at

www.goldaskitchen.com

Do a search for "square Muffin"

Though it is a Canadian company, they ship out of a Buffalo NY location as well. My pan was about $32 Canadian at their retail store here.

Cupcakes are the perfect thing to take to parties, no forks, no mess, no slicing. I find they turn EVERYONE into a kid, it's funny!

Last night was Vanilla Spice cupcakes with Canadian Maple Sugar frosting. Yum!

Maureen

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 6:10pm
post #19 of 58

thanks so much. I jsut bought the book and I can't wait to experiment! ds is having a dino party, those cupcakes are so cute!!!

vanz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanz Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 6:34pm
post #20 of 58

I just bought a silicone muffin pan from "Avon, Chefables" The muffin I baked didn't brown on top. Haven't tried it with cupcakes yet.

How is silicone with cupcakes? anyone please?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 7:31pm
post #21 of 58

Missyv110 - thanks for the source. They are sold out right now, but I'll check with them later. I have some silicone bakeware but haven't tried it yet. I don't think that the silicone would affect browning of the top of a cupcake, though. I have read that the parts touched by the silicone won't brown, but nothing about the tops not browning. I, too, love the individula cakes. The beautiful displays shown for some of the weddings and special events are awesome!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 7:55pm
post #22 of 58

Where did you buy the book? Wilton.com store doesn't have it.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 8:18pm
post #23 of 58

I saw some individual cupcake wrappers the other day that were silicone.

Can anyone tell me WHY they would make those like that?

I understand the PAPER ones, eat & toss. But WHY the silicone type? ANyone?

--Knox--

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 8:21pm
post #24 of 58

I think it's to give it the detailed edging as a paper cup would with the creases and stuff..... I saw them and wanted them but at the price they are it's a little outrageous. $18.~ for 12 regular sized cupcake cups and $15.~ for 12 mini sized.... just isn't right IMO lol

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 8:42pm
post #25 of 58

I am a cupcake fan so thanks so much for the info, The square pan is so great, do you know if there are liners for this shape?, thanks

happy new year !!!!!

Adriana

missyv110 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 9:59pm
post #26 of 58

Adriana,
I haven't seen liners for the square pan, but I was planning to make the first batch 'paperless'and see how I fared.

A tip re Golda's website - they DO update their inventory regularly, so check back to see when they have stock available. It's an amazing store especially for us cake-supply-starved Canadians.

Maureen

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 10:38pm
post #27 of 58

Yes, Please!

Where did you get the square muffin pan?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 10:40pm
post #28 of 58

Thanks for the tip on getting me here. I am on the site for it....How does everyone find out about all of the "other" wilton websites. I found the gingerbread one and the cupcake one now by people talking about them on here. Does Wilton have any other "sister" type sites?? And yes....please where can we find the book!!!!!!!!

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 11:46pm
post #29 of 58

bump?

bakingfool Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 12:06am
post #30 of 58

I got the Cupcake fun book at Michaels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%