This Is My Favorite

Decorating By alracntna Updated 2 Jan 2007 , 6:34pm by emmiepeterson

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 8:17am
post #1 of 18

please check out the wedding cakes i did today. the one with the silver bows is my favorite. let me know what you think. thanks.

17 replies
alracntna Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 8:36am
post #2 of 18

sweet_as_tisse Yes these cakes do weigh a lot. I deliver a lot of four tiered cakes for the bakery i work for and afterwards my arms and wrists kill me!! thanks for the complements on my cakes.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 8:59am
post #3 of 18

so you deliver them stacked?

i have a wedding cake i am in the process decorating and its 3 tiers, all tiers will be 4 1/2 inches high, top 2 are four fruit cakes (heavy) and bottom will be 2 mud cakes.

the fruit cakes weigh a tone seperately i cant imagine stacking this one and transporting it....

kylie

alracntna Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 18

i think i would be scared to deliver that one too...lol

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 18

I deliver all my cakes stacked! The cake looks very nice! I have that same spool rack for my tips also--I mounted it to the wall!

Just keep in mind that a picture speaks a thousand words. I am guilty of this--Try to remove everything from around it so it does not distract from the photo.

I use a new bedsheet that I bought for the background.

Great cake!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 18

I love the silver ribbon one best too. The rhinestone ribbon is stunning though. I love the ribbon and brooch.

You have some amazing cakes in your photos!

alracntna Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 18

thank you for all the comments. My DH says i need to take out the back ground too but i havent maybe i will start doing that to make the pics look better. the rhinestones and topper for the rhinestone cake were brought in by the bride so i dont know where they came from.

alracntna Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 12:19am
post #8 of 18

i am going to do an asian wedding cake this weekend so i am real excited to get some feedback on what yall think about it i will post as soon as i am done. thanks again for all the comments, they always help.

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 12:36am
post #9 of 18

STUNNING! Your cakes are amazing...Love them all! LOVE LOVE LOVE the square one, it is so different. Gorgeous.
The square one and the silver ribbon one...are so HUGE! HOw do you deliver them?
I am so scared to deliver stacked...but now I feel better if you are delievering those!!!!
Do you use ALOT of dowells? Is that why you feel secure?
Thanks Nicole

alracntna Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 12:40am
post #10 of 18

i use 3 skewers in the bottom two tiers going at three different angles into the cake and into the bottom board and then i do 3 more into the top two going at different angles and those i let them go in as far as they can so that they are in to the bottom tiers a little. the cake never slid around. thanks for all of your comments i appreciate them a lot.

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 3:30am
post #11 of 18

Really? You put the skewers in on an angle? Like 90 degrees or / ?
That is so interesting!
Thank you , I haven't heard of that before, besides just putting them in straight up and down...WOW.
LOVE THIS FORUM!
I will definietly remember that I have to transport a 3 tiered cake in less then 2 weeks. And I was just goin to assemble there , like I always do. BUt this sounds so much better.
Thanks again!!

shannan6607 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannan6607 Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 3:44am
post #12 of 18

You're cakes are awesome! I love the recent doll cake. Those are different colors for a 1st bday cake did you design or did the customer request? I love that one, hope I get to do one like that someday.

alracntna Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 7:31am
post #13 of 18

nicoles-a-tryin, i put it more like / not on a 90 i am glad i could help you with this. good luck on your next cake.

shannan6607, thanks for the nice words. the customer asked for a black dress with silver accents and snowflakes and said just make it pretty. so i had some to go on but i just did what i thought would look good.

thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to look at the pics i put in the gallery.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 5:52pm
post #14 of 18

alracntna,

I bought a board at Michael's that is meant for science experiments and such and use that as a background. I used black paper to cover it, and sometimes to drape material over it.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 5:54pm
post #15 of 18

alracntna,

I bought a board at Michael's that is meant for science experiments and such and use that as a background. I used black paper to cover it, and sometimes to drape material over it.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 5:55pm
post #16 of 18

oops!

alracntna Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 6:21pm
post #17 of 18

sounds like a good idea. my DH just bought a program that will take the background out cause he says i will never cover the background...lol

emmiepeterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmiepeterson Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 6:34pm
post #18 of 18

I love the one with Orchids.Beautiful!

Emily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%