Decorated Cookie Info!

Decorating By antonia74 Updated 9 May 2013 , 9:18pm by Annie70

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 7:56pm
post #61 of 77

Antonia you are too sweet!! In all honesty, you're the reason why I even attempted to make those cookies. I looked through your photo's and just fell in love with your work. The only reason I ended up using MMF instead of royal icing is because I sucked at it icon_lol.gif

BTW the MMF cookies were so easy to make. For the MMF I used the same cookie cutters that I had for the cookies. I just had to cut it a bit smaller with a knife so that you can see the cookie underneath.

Thanks for being so nice. You always make me feel so good about myself icon_biggrin.gif
I really look up to you. Take care

MakeItYours Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MakeItYours Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 12:12am
post #62 of 77

I love your work!!! I would like to know how far in advance do you make your cookies and how do you keep them fresh?

Thanks for sharing!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 2:31am
post #63 of 77

Does anyone know if this info has been posted yet? I've been waiting (I'm so excited!) and I know Jackie was going to post it....THANKS!!!!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 7:41pm
post #64 of 77

I don't think it has yet. Still waiting. icon_confused.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 3:23am
post #65 of 77

THANKS!! Can't wait!!!!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 2:01pm
post #66 of 77

Where can I find Antonia's royal icing for sugar cookies recipe? I looked in the recipe sections and couldn't find it. Anybody have the link?

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 2:21pm
post #67 of 77

Here is it. I hope to make try this recipe this weekend.

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-1-Royal-Icing-for-Decorated-Cookies.html

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 2:32pm
post #68 of 77

Thanks for helping us.
I am very new in this baking field.
I can bake cakes.
But I have to start bake homemade cookies for my daughter.
Please tell me basic recipe of any cookie.
And in same recipe what kind of flavors I can add. So that will be easy for me to make same cookie but different flavors.

Thanks and I am glad you asked us about cookie.

Nitu

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 2:51pm
post #69 of 77

I'm sorry I don't have time to read all the suggestions, but if not already suggested, my big question is

What is the storage time for baked cookies, timeline for baking, decorating, drying, presenting. How to keep them fresh, and how long they stay fresh. What to package them in (cellophane, baggies, etc.) and just general storage stuff.

Thanks for doing this, I can't wait to read it!!!

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:08pm
post #70 of 77

Lesson learned: Do not sub margarine for butter in the cookie recipe. Margarine makes the dough too soft. My magic wand broke! icon_cry.gif

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:48pm
post #71 of 77

Honestly, I always use margarine. I do have to refrigerate it for 1-2 hours before I can work withit and I do have to keep putting it back in the fridge inbetween batches, that's all that i have ever used.

I should try the butter sometime just so I can see the difference.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 7:03pm
post #72 of 77

I always use butter when I bake. I was out of butter and figured the "I cant believe it's not butter" would be ok for practice cookies. The dough was softer than with the butter and warmed up faster. Too much water, not enough fat?

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 7:19pm
post #73 of 77

Did you use the "I can't believe it's not butter" out of the tub or do they make sticks of it??

I usually use sticks of margarine, mainly because it is cheaper. I have noticed that all margarine seems to be softer than butter at room temp.

I have no idea about the fat/water ratio. I just use what works and what I can afford! icon_biggrin.gif

MINDYG14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MINDYG14 Posted 8 May 2013 , 8:24pm
post #74 of 77

Hi!  I need some advice now before you write the artical.  I also think this would be good information to include in your artical.  I am going to be doing wedding favor cookies for my son's wedding and of course the cake (wedding cake cutouts with royal icing).  I am going to be very busy that week and I was wondering about how far ahead I can do the cookies.  Here is what I was thinking:  I want to bake and freeze the unfrosted cookies 2 weeks before the wedding and frost them a week before the wedding.  I figure that they will need 12 hours to dry then I will be bagging them in air tight bags, would they be okay?  They would be in bags for about 5 to 6 days, what do you think?  Thank you for any advice!  icon_smile.gif

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 8 May 2013 , 11:03pm
post #75 of 77

Can you explain how you get even and consistant lines?  Especially spacing between lines staying the same and even.  Any other fast tricks would help as well.  Since I do hundreds of cookies for a bakery others suggested I pour on the base coat.  Do you do this for large orders?  Am so looking forward to what you have to say.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 9 May 2013 , 3:28am
post #76 of 77

This thread is from 2005.  If an article was posted, it is probably already here on the site, somewhere.

Liz

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 9 May 2013 , 9:18pm
post #77 of 77

I was trying to find the article anyone have a link??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%