With Or With Out.....opinions Please!!!!

Decorating By sweet_as_tisse Updated 31 Dec 2006 , 2:15am by JulieBugg2000

eagerlearner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eagerlearner Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 1:02pm
post #31 of 60

Mum and I say with.

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:16pm
post #32 of 60

Ribbon!

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:30pm
post #33 of 60

In my opinion, NO .... I think the Fuschia ribbons are to "loud" and bright...
I would either do it without OR use a softer color for the ribbons like Silver as someone suggested, or a very soft pink. But the cake is very beautiful even without the ribbons. icon_smile.gif

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:37pm
post #34 of 60

I love the bow.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:44pm
post #35 of 60

Wow! The ribbon is perfect! What a beautiful cake.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:47pm
post #36 of 60

I think it looks better with the ribbon. On the first example the flowers look kinda lost and the cake is definitely lost with the ribbon it brings it all together and pops the center of the lilies and with the layers being as tall as you say they are going to be the ribbon wuld be perfect. Makes the cake a cohesive unit altogether.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:58pm
post #37 of 60

I think the ribbon is a must! It just finishes the whole cake. I love it!!!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:08pm
post #38 of 60

I love it with the ribbon. If that is the color of the dresses then it will look great!

Wonderful job you did!

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:35pm
post #39 of 60

With. It makes the cake "pop" more! icon_biggrin.gif

Richard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richard Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:46pm
post #40 of 60

I love your flowers. The ribbon brings out the color in the flowers; however, I agree that it is too wide. I think I would go with a slightly narrower ribbon same colour though.

Kathy

PS Beautiful cake and flowers. Very elegant!

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:53pm
post #41 of 60

I have to say with the ribbon.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:05pm
post #42 of 60

With the ribbons, definitely!! By the way, the cake is beautiful!! icon_smile.gif

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:21pm
post #43 of 60

Withand I think the width of the ribbon is perfect. Any smaller would not make the same statement. This cake really "pops" with the ribbon like it is...Good job.

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 7:37pm
post #44 of 60

I say with the ribbon. To me it looks unfinished without the ribbon. Beautiful with the ribbon. I've got to learn how to do those flowers. Their gorgeous!!! thumbs_up.gif

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:19pm
post #45 of 60

I like it with the ribbon! Its still a nice cake without but the ribbon just adds that finishing touch! Although as you said the final choice is up to the bride so lets hope she likes the ribbon!!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:24pm
post #46 of 60

Definitely with the ribbon. The height of the ribbon should be fine with 5" cake. If the bride has fushia dresses, then she likes a 'wow' factor this ribbon will give you. Very nicely done.

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:32pm
post #47 of 60

Lovely cake. I vote for no ribbon. The ribbon takes away from the flowers. The flowers are very delicate and elegant and the ribbon is not so much. Maybe a lighter color and thinner. As someone else already mentioned I though a simple silver accent to the bottom border would work well.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:41pm
post #48 of 60

I like the ribbon on the cake, it seems to anchor everything. If the bride thinks the wow factor is a bit much, change to a lighter color. You said the cakes will be very deep, I think the ribbon will work well.

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:45pm
post #49 of 60

I love the cake, the flowers are unbeliveable and the ribbons pulls everything together. What a GREAT wedding cake. Lovely thumbs_up.gif . Vicki0052

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:48pm
post #50 of 60

I dont think a bride would pick fuschia pink as her color if she was not the kind that like things to pop so I say go for the ribbon i think it makes the cake look great.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 9:06pm
post #51 of 60

WOW...you guys are amazing, i never expected to get so many responses...so thank you!!

i still have not heard back from the bride, but as soon as i do, i will let you all know what she wants.

a few people have suggested using some silver ribbon, which i originally was going to do...so i may go and buy some and just see what that does....

thank you so much for all your wonderful comments about my lilies, they are my own creation, so it means so much to hear everyone say how beautiful they look.

you guys on CC are the best cake buddies anyone could ever ask for...

kylie

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 9:28pm
post #52 of 60

I like it with the ribbon!

LilyZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilyZ Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 9:46pm
post #53 of 60

With ribbon!

The ribbon add a finishing touch, a sense of 'well-finished' cake. Also it accents and helps to define the tiers.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 5:54am
post #54 of 60

Hi Guy's

my bride came around today (she live's 4 hours away, but the reception is near where i live) it was the first time we met which was great, most of the details for this cake have been via phone or email...

and the good news is

SHE WANT THE RIBBON AND THE CAKE JEWELRY.....

we tried a few different ways- with ribbon, without, silver ribbon, no jewels, etc etc...

but she loved the ribbon and said it was a perfect match to her bride's maid color....

so thanks again for all your help and fantastic compliments regarding the design of this cake, its very much appreciated.. thumbs_up.gif

the wedding is on the 13 january, so as soon as i set the cake up and get a pic you guys will be the first to see it finished...

kylie

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 8:46am
post #55 of 60

Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

June

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 9:07am
post #56 of 60

oooh can't wait to see the finished product. and i agree with everyone else - your lillies are so absolutely amazing and gorgeous!!!! i would have loved to have a wedding cake like that!!! good luck!!!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:33am
post #57 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_as_tisse

i wont be in a hurry to make them again, god they gave me heaps of grief when i was trying to wire them together... i kept thinking they were going to break. letting them dry longer did help alot aswell as taping around the base of each petal

Kylie the teacher that introduced me to gumpaste taught us to dry our petals completely before assembling. I always had trouble assembling my flowers. I recently took a 6 week class with a very experienced lady (who has won heaps of prizes at the Royal Melbourne Show), she is probably one of the very best flower makers in Victoria, no lie. Anyhoo, she makes all her petals and only lets them sit enough so they take shape, and assembles the flowers still wet, so the petals fit together easier. I thought it was madness, but once i tried it, now i wouldnt do it any other way.
It may be something to think about icon_wink.gif
Cheers
Nati
PS: Hope you have a very Happy New Year, did you guys get much rain up your way??

moejoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moejoe Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:40am
post #58 of 60

I think that ribbon color is perfet, especially with the stargazzing lilies.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:00am
post #59 of 60

My DH says that the cake without the ribbon is more "wedding-like" and the cake with the ribbon says that the cake with the ribbon looks more like a birthday or party cake. icon_rolleyes.gif He says that the pure white cake looks more elegant.

Clearly, he and I have differing opinions on a lot of things because I liked the cake with the ribbon! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

JulieBugg2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBugg2000 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:15am
post #60 of 60

I agree for WITH ribbon. It helps make the statement. It's the bride's preference, but I put tons of rich color into my wedding scheme and loved it. It wouldn't have been the same to me if the color was lacking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%