Italian Creme Cake W/sugar Roasted Pecans

Decorating By ntertayneme Updated 6 Aug 2005 , 8:31pm by momsandraven

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 6

Well, another one down! lol.. I delivered this cake this morning and the mother of the groom just loved it .. it looks exactly like the picture she sent to me to use as a guide for what she wanted .. I used the CMD's recipe for Italian creme cupcakes and just used that for the cakes... each cake mix took 1 cup of pecans and 1 cup of coconut ... there were 6 mixes to do this cake... a lot of pecans inside of it as well as on the outside .. I sugared about 5 pounds of pecans to use on the outside of the cake ... I had about a pound and an half of sugar roasted pecans left over and as I was leaving, she stopped me and asked if she could purchase the remaining pecans because they taste so good.. she said she thought they'd look really nice in bowls on the groom's table.. I did a lot of extra pecans because I wanted to make sure I'd have enough for the cake.. I made an extra $20 for the pecans lol... she also got a good deal because there is a pecan house up the road from me that charges $12 for a half pound ... the icing used was crusting cream cheese icing and I got the recipe from here .. it has a pound of butter and a pound of cream cheese per recipe.. I made 3 recipes of the icing for this cake... I had about 1/2 of the last icing I mixed left over .. this icing tastes wonderful!! I ate so much of it last night, I almost made myself sick lol

let me know what you think about it icon_smile.gif thanks!
LL

5 replies
tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 6

Great Job! I love how it looks!...The cake is making my mouth water and the combination of it all sounds sooooooooo good!

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

Cake looks great. Congrats.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 6

Your cake looks great!! I see you survived your broken layer disaster. lol

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 6

LOL.. yes, I did Gingoodies.. it was all in the pan coat .. for this cake, you have to apply it really heavy to the pans .. it makes a nice crust around it .. I found this out on the very last cake I baked lol .. the others held up ok, but would have been much better had I applied the pan coating mixture heavier ... you live and learn icon_biggrin.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 6

Wow, that looks and sounds so delicious! I absolutely LOVE pecans, so this is right up my alley. icon_smile.gif We need a drooling smiley. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%