Cake Delivery Secret

Decorating By justme50 Updated 5 Nov 2007 , 2:43am by Brandonsmommy

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, and do people know how flies eat???? Yes, the only way they can digest their food is if they throw up on it first and the stomach enzymes break down the food so they can eat it. Think about that the next time a fly lands on your piece of cake that you carefully transported in a cake box.

Completely off topic, but I share this factoid I learned 20 years ago when I took a class at the Health Dept for a food worker's permit. anytime I have the chance and this looks like the perfect opportunity!

Did you know that by the time you react to seeing a fly on your food and swish it away, it's already thrown up on your food????? That little tidbit has caused me to throw away I don't know how much food ever since I leaned it.

No need to thank me, just wanted to do my good deed for the day. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 6

Ooooh--I thought I was the only one that did that. NOW, that grosses me out! 1) that the fly has to throw up on my food and 2) just where has his little feet been--trash, spoiled food, poop...before he landed on my food. Just another thought!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 6

Ooooh--I thought I was the only one that did that. NOW, that grosses me out! 1) that the fly has to throw up on my food and 2) just where has his little feet been--trash, spoiled food, poop...before he landed on my food. Just another thought!

chele_belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele_belle Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 6

When I deliver my cakes without a box I cover it with a large trash bag ( new of course!) That way I don't worry about dust, dirt, flies, ect.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzaluna

Are you saying that you deliver your cakes without a box? Just putting the cakes in the car, in the open?

That is just gross.

Cars are so gross. It doesn't matter how 'clean' your car is, there is always dust and fibers and crap flying around.

Hummm...pretty self-righteous attitude there. I'm going to assume you NEVER eat in restaurants, or grab a bite through the drive-through?? ...Actually EAT in that horrible fiber/dust/crappy car???

My car isn't gross, thank you very much. I'd stand my van against many venues or restaurant kitchens anyday.

This kind of comment isn't necessary.

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 2:43am
post #6 of 6

That's what I use! I don't cut it just lay it out and then roll it up when done!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%