What Is A Royal Icing Transfer??

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 1:08pm by Rincewind

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:22am
post #1 of 3

I just saw a cake with a royal icing transfer, what is that , and how do you do it? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:05am
post #2 of 3

I'm assuming it's just like an fbct (frozen butter cream transfer) except that you don't have to freeze it. Just a design or outlining/fill in of some picture that's then left to harden and then transferred to the cake.


Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 3

If I use thinned royal icing, I call it "Royal Icing Tranfer" and when I use Color Flow, I just call it "Color Flow"- but they're the same thing. To me, they're very similar to chocolate transfers, but it's less aggravating to me. I think you can also add finer details with royal icing or color flow than you can with chocolate transfers or FBCT.

Quote by @%username% on %date%