Tell Us About Your Avatar

Decorating By jibbies Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 10:30am by miss_sweetstory

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:39pm
post #31 of 88

Mine is the birthday cake I made for my 5 yo daughter Sarah. I have 4 daughters, so by the time I shrink a picture of them all together down to avatar size you can barely see their faces! So, I use their birthday cake, and it stays up until the next birthday.

(Funny story about the current avatar...No one was allowed to refer to the elephant in her cake as Dumbo. That was the nickname the other mean elephants in the movie gave him. Everyone had to refer to it as her Jumbo Jr. cake because that is what his mother named him.) Kids never cease to amaze me!

Sorry so long!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:08pm
post #32 of 88

[quote="chovest"]
(Funny story about the current avatar...No one was allowed to refer to the elephant in her cake as Dumbo. That was the nickname the other mean elephants in the movie gave him. Everyone had to refer to it as her Jumbo Jr. cake because that is what his mother named him.) Kids never cease to amaze me!

/quote]

Aren't kids astute. My four year old was on the kutchen bench and asked my cousin to lift him down and she said in a stern voice 'whats the magic word'
His reply after a short think was 'abracadabra'
My avatar is my children 17,14,13 and 4.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:20pm
post #33 of 88

I'm so glad I started this thread. I love reading all your stories.

jibbies

MistyRomack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyRomack Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:26pm
post #34 of 88

Funny story, we were at my sister's 20th bday party in January 2006 and my brother had to entertain my daughter, he had a huge bag of halloween candy and spider rings and pencils and such, so this is what she did, totally out of season, but so right for halloween!

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:39pm
post #35 of 88

Hi, I'm Melonie and my avator is my 5 year old son Cameron. He loves to get in the kitchen with me and bake. As you can see he loves to bake cookies. I also have two daughters Kayla 10 and Tori 14, neither of which like to cook, but still very sweet and lovable. Will have to update with new photo.

DebbyTCL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyTCL Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #36 of 88

My avatar is our dearly departed dog, "Tiny".

Yes, we named her Tiny! One of my daughters rescued her from the pound. She was 3 weeks old, half rottweiler & half doberman, had no teeth, and so small she could sit in the palm of one hand, hence, Tiny! We had to bottle feed her for a few weeks till she could eat softened puppy food. She grew up to be 90+ pounds.

We had her for 6 years. She had a bone desease that caused the bones in her hind hips to breakdown and deteriorate to nothing. She got so bad that she could no longer stand up, climb the stairs, or walk and was in constant pain.

She is so special to me because...

I was sick with cancer & doing chemo & during this time, she was getting so sick that she could hardly walk, a man broke into our home. I was home with just the dogs, Tiny - pictured, a miniture poodle - Teddy, and our 2 yr. old german shephard - Sally (Sally had stomach cancer that had spread to her brain at this time and we lost her 6 months after Tiny! That was a horrible year!)

He broke the window and come right into the livingroom at the front of the house in the middle of the afternoon! (We live in a neighborhood).

Anyway, man breaks in through the window, while looking me right in the eye and starts to walk toward me. The dogs get between us and start to bark. This does not deter him and he takes 1 more step...

But Tiny charges this guy! He tries to kick her. She grabs his leg instead and will not let go. Now he can't get out of the window fast enough, all the while, Tiny is biting him on his hinny! She tries to go out the window after him, but I held her back. After everything settled down, she was shaking and panting. Such a good dog! Sick, hurting, and still, her focus was to protect me...will always love her. She was my girl!

She is now resting under her favorite tree in the back yard with Julie by her side.

Barbend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbend Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm
post #37 of 88

I was finally able to use a pic of my girls. I had been unable to figure out how to upload one before because of the size. Anyway, these are my two girls. Myka, 6 and Lexa, 4.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:21pm
post #38 of 88

I love all the stories. The kid pics are sooo cute. I love to see them since mine are kinda grown 20 and 21. The pet pics are just adorable and I love reading the stories about them. God Bless Tiny. The stories behind the cakes are really interesting and I really like the pics of everyone too. It's nice putting a face with the posts.

My Avatar is Gracie, my Chihuahua (at least that's what the people I bought her from told me). I think she's more Meercat than dog. My daughter went to buy a Chihuahua a couple of years ago and I went with her. There were two dogs left, Ava and Gracie (supposed to be sisters). Amanda picked Ava since she was the typical short squatty and tan colored. I instantly fell in love with Gracie Lou because she was "different" looking. I tried to talk Amanda into getting Gracie, but she said, "no mom, she's ugly and gangly." She had her heart set on Ava. So I ask the guy, "how much if we take both." He said he'd knock $100 off the total price of both dogs. Amanda looks at me and says, "mom, dad will kill you." He hates yappy little dogs and so did I when I got her.

We live on a ranch and only have big sturdy dogs. I told her that I was a big girl and didn't have to have HIS permission to get a dog. On the way home, I'm thinking, "he's going to kill me and divorce me." After we got home, he asked why Amanda got 2 dogs and I had to break the news to him. It took him a couple of hours to finally realize the horrible reality of us being proud parents of Gracie. He was mad for a few hours and by the end of the night, she was sleeping on his head. Now he talks baby talk to her and tells her how pretty she is and calls her Daddy's girl.

The pic on my Avatar was taken one day when I was doing laundry. She LOVES laundry that has just been taken out of the dryer since it's warm. I thought this one was funny because she was panting. That doesn't happen very often to a Chihuahua. She looks like she's smiling.

I know this is long, but I could talk about my Gracie for hours. She's such a good companion and keeps me laughing.[/b]

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:23pm
post #39 of 88

I found a website where people pay $15,000.00 or more to have their cats painted. Not just for Halloween, all year round. They do it every 3 months. I saw this cat and loved the design, but then thought...poor thing. I had my own kittens up here before. Momma cat is due again any day now....new picture coming soon!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:47pm
post #40 of 88

my avatar is the first "large" cake I ever made .. I started cake decorating in april of '05 and made this for my parents anniversary in september '05 .. I had not taken any classes .. just saw this in the wilton yearbook and fell in love with it ... I should probably change it its been up for a loonnnggg time!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:50pm
post #41 of 88

Do I really need to explain my avatar? icon_lol.gif I've been a buckeye all my life and my loyalty only grew when I went to grad school at OSU and moved to Columbus.

To all you Michigan people: You're going down. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

Go Bucks!

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #42 of 88

Mine is my oldest son's 3rd birthday cake. When I joined, it was the best cake I had made (and I love penguins!) so it was the logical choice. But now, I'm attached to it because it was the first cake my son "designed". He was only 2 and a half when he started describing, in detail, everything he wanted on his birthday cake. I thought it was so cute that he was able to dream that up at such a young age. But now, if you have read my post about or looked at his 5th birthday "Shark Week" cake, I think maybe I should have put a stop to his cake demands 2 years ago. icon_lol.gif

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #43 of 88

Go BUCKS! icon_wink.gif

Just had to add that. My 5 yo will be wearing a home made OSU cheer leading costume for Halloween!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:59pm
post #44 of 88

well I just changed my avatar thanks to jibbies directions on how to shrink a picture thumbs_up.gif now it is of my dear little man named cheddar who passed away suddenly in June of this year .. he was just a little over a year old and the vet seems to think he had a heart condition .. I searched for two years trying to find a male orange cat so I could name him Cheddar Colby Jack and then one day I saw him and grabbed him ... I brought him home and he had an eye infection and fleas .. but dh and I took good care of him, got him all cleaned up and really loved every minute with him .. especially when he did cute things like this! .. we miss him everyday and talk about him a lot ..

whitesoxlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitesoxlover Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:06pm
post #45 of 88

can you figure out i love the white sox!!!! icon_lol.gif i have 7 kids so it would be kinda hard to shrink 'em down. but we love our sox and have even gone on road trips to see them play, and we ALL wear our sox gear. and the best part, my FAVORITE pitcher threw me his hat, and later autographed it on one of our road trips. those guys are great.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:10pm
post #46 of 88

Oh I found it icon_smile.gif

Mine is a cake I made for my hubby's cousin's 12th birthday. She LOVES Jack Sparrow and had asked me to do a cake with Jack Sparrow ON it... well, I found the idea on here and just did a few things different... this is probably my most "wowed" cake by everyone... my hubby helped with a lot of it... we got into a bit of a fight when we had to cover the head in fondant... it tore on Jack's left side of his neck but we tried to cover it with his licorice dreads... we also ran out of dreads so I had to make a late trip to WalMart with black dyed hands... I probably looked pretty goofy. I don't think I would do this cake again unless someone offered at LEAST $500... I told the girl's mom to pay me whatever she thought was fit so yeah... $30 was it. That hardly covered our materials... oh well, it's a good one to have in my portfolio icon_smile.gif

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:17pm
post #47 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

My avatar is one of my favorite cakes, similar to the one I teach on my dvd. My old avatar was my favorite sculpted cake of a rabbit, but I like the birthday dog better right now. It matched a birthday invitation for a 6-year-old girl. I think it sort of "goes" with my style of cake decorating.

Deanna

Deanna, I went to your website, and I love love love the horsehead cookies!!!! Do you ship to Saratoga in August?????

My avatar, Mario, of Super Mario Brothers fame, is for my son. He outgrew Thomas the Tank, and went into Mario games of all kinds. His room, curtains, posters, are all about Mario. And of course one wall in his room is red. He wanted the whole room red, but that would be a little extreme!!!!!

Debbie

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:26pm
post #48 of 88

Mine is a picture drawn by Natalie Dee entitled, "Cupcakes on the Moon". She is hilarious and has a website (www.nataliedee.com) where there is a new picture up every day.

Anyway, I just thought that picture was perfect for my avatar!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:30pm
post #49 of 88

Mine is a photo of my now 4 year old son at his 3rd birthday. I just started cake decorating and wasn't too happy with how his cowboy cake turned out (in my photos). The look on his face when he saw the cake was priceless!! He thought it was the best cake ever!!
I have to change it soon since I just had a baby on the 4th of July. As soon as she popped out early morning on the 4th, one of the first things my husband said was "I know you are thinking of all the 4th of July themed cakes you can make for her on her birthdays!"

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:33pm
post #50 of 88

DEBBIE157,
I recently moved and unpacked all my Wilton cakepans that my aunt gave me (she decorated for 30+ years!), found an old Wilton Mario pan and said to myself, I would love to make this but for who?
Now I know!

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:48pm
post #51 of 88

Edited to delete double post.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:48pm
post #52 of 88

Hey, great topic! I love when people explain their avatar (especially those who put up a celebrity, like JanH does).

Mine, well, is just a giraffe photo I found online. I love giraffes and this one has such a great expression and a sassy attitude. At 42, I don't really collect anything (oh, okay, so maybe some extra pounds) so I don't have a giraffe collection but I use them for desktop backgrounds, avatars, and some day maybe a 3D cake.

My signature is "be nice or go away" because I say that to family all the time! icon_razz.gif

Marianne

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:49pm
post #53 of 88

My avatar is my 20 pound cat, Kayla. She is bigger then my 13 pound Pomeranian but will crumple to the floor is the dog is after her. She is very sweet and can't "Meow", she makes little squeaks instead! She also turns to marshmellow when you pick her up so she is hard to hold.

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:50pm
post #54 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

Come back on and post what yours is about or why you don't have one.

jibbies

I've not heard of an avatar until CC. I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to do it.

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:55pm
post #55 of 88

My current picture is my newest tattoo, and is on the back of my neck (if anyone can't tell)

i've had 2 diff. ones in the past.
LL
LL

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #56 of 88

Mine is just something I found on-line. Thought the girl kinda looked like me....I chat on several jeep forums so this is what I use over there. I shrunk a pic of me on my horse but it was waaayyy too tiny icon_wink.gif
So its just me jeepin'!
(my husband and I jeep from WA state to Moab, Utah, he runs a website that caters to people looking for trails to jeep on in the Pacific Northwest)

But I must say, I absolutley LOVE the avatars of all of your animals...and the stories behind them! Pets can be so much more than pets...they can be our best friends....I just love that about themicon_wink.gif

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:15pm
post #57 of 88

Mine is of my little girl, Amelia, in her very first Halloween costume. She's just over 2 yo and she's been in a Halloween "outfit" (orange and black something) but I wanted to wait to put her in a "real" costume when she could enjoy Halloween.

She's so excited for tomorrow to go trick or treating to get lollipops and if you ask her what she's going to dress up as, she'll tell you "Holly Hobbie". Of course she has NO IDEA who Holly Hobbie is! But I do! She was my favorite doll when I was growing up and I just had to dress my little girl up like her.

Next year Amelia can pick her own costume out... maybe! icon_wink.gif

Sorry so long!

nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:15pm
post #58 of 88

Mine is from my favourite Mickey Mouse cartoon. The Sorcerers Apprentice.

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:24pm
post #59 of 88

WOW!!...it's great to know the stories behind all the different avatars.

My avatar is a pic of the final cake for the Wilton 3 class...I was really pleased with who it turned out.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #60 of 88

Mine is of my baby boy Ziggy. He's 4 years old now and I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. He's such a whiner but I love him to death. Ziggy and I have been through a lot, which includes a 30-hour international trip from the Philippines to U.S!! My DH wasn't fond of the idea of having him around at first but recently admitted that he loves Ziggy! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%