Need Help With 2 Cakes Asap

Decorating By laneym Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 6:47pm by sgilmer

laneym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laneym Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!!

I have been asked to make two cakes for this weekend. One of them is a birthday cake for an 8 year old who loves Hannah Montana. She wants it to be the star pan, but other than that.....well, guess it is up to me. Any ideas?

THe second cake is a baby shower cake with the nursery theme being airplanes. I am drawing a complete blank on this one...Any, any, any ideas would be welcomed!!

Thanks

Elaine

3 replies
Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 4

theres a cake by mommyandlovinit that would be inspirational I think- put airplane in the search box and check it out- Hanna one haven't a clue- good luck

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 4

Here's a link to a baby shower airplane cake that I recently came across. I think it is so adorable.

http://cindascreativecakes.com/home/home.htm

If that link doesn't work look in her photo gallery under baby shower cakes page 4. It's a blue presents with bows and red airplanes (#1155 Baby Airplanes).

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 4

For the Hannah cake you could either do an edible image of Hannah or sculpt her out of fondant. Do the star yellow with hot pink decorations.

This is probably a bad idea, but what came to mind about the plane cake was to make the cake into a mobile. Like have airplanes "flying" around the cake. I'll try to do something in paint to show what I'm talking about. For the actual cake, you could put a blue sky with white clouds and maybe a sun or some birds or something.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%