What Do I Do Next?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 8:22pm by shifty

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 5

Last week I posted this, and a lot of people helped:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5698619-.html#5698619

Basically, a lady EMAILED about 2 hours before she was suppossed to pick up her cake, and told me her father died and that she couldn't get it that day, but wanted to pick it up this week, on Thursday. I didn't hear anything from her all week, so emailed Wednesday to see if she was going to retrieve it, so that I could take it out of the freezer. On Thursday, all was silent still. I think I got ripped off! She said she would want it Thursday, didn't show up again, and won't respond to emails. Is it appropriate to call and tell her I want my payment?

4 replies
DebbyTCL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyTCL Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 5

If you have a written contract, I would call her and ask if she still wants the cake and gently remind her that you have a contract and you need to be paid for this cake, whether she picks it up or not.

If you don't have a contract, call her anyway and ask if she wants the cake.

If she doesn't want the cake, take it to your local shelter that serves food and donate it. Or give it to a retirement home, etc...Can you freeze it for another function?

Sometimes we are left hold the cake, but it happens sometimes.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, it is appropriate to call her. This is why I suggested that you have her pay for it, pick it up, and store it herself. I hope you don't get stuck with it! She may still be busy with family and not returning emails to anyone yet. I would call her, tell her it needs to be picked up, and ask if she needs it still frozen or not when she picks it up. If the party has been changed to a month later, you can give it to her frozen with written instructions on how to properly thaw.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 5

Well, the one silver lining to this is that I have a family reunion today, was asked to make a cake, but didn't because I had 4 other cakes this weekend and ran out of steam. It is my cousin's birthday, so now I can take this cake!!!!! LOL.

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 5

i am sure that will make your cousins day icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%