Wedding Cakes Across America

Business By JoJo40 Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 6:45pm by Melvira

JoJo40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 4

Have any of you wedding cake bakers been either pre-approved or become a select baker with wedding cakes across america? Is there a big fee to sign up? Sounds like a good way to grow the wedding cake business.

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 4

If this is the group that had a booth at the Baker's Convention in Las Vegas (they are associated with David's Bridal - said the decorators would have access to "exclusive" colors of David's Bridal. Colors are exclusive?), I talked to them and hubby and I laughed and walked away.

I don't remember the exact cost....it wasn't outrageous, but it was high enough for me to think "you've got to be kidding!"

What made us "suspect" about the whole deal is how anxious he was for me to sign up with him. He was really pushing for us to come over, sit down and sign up. Now..... if *I* am going to sign up a cake decorator to do my wedding cakes, *I* would want to know how long she's been doing them and *I* would want to see samples of their work and *I* would want to taste their cakes.

This guy wasn't interested in any of that. He was only interested in getting my check. How did he know I was any good or if I even MADE cakes? Maybe I was there with my sister or something?

I don't trust that kind of set up.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 4

Whoa. $300/year for the Premier package! Yikes. That's pretty steep for something I've never heard of.

I don't know. Maybe someone else has some information on it.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 4

No doubt Debi!! Sounds suspiciously like that scam where you have been selected to be entered into the book, "Who's who in (insert your state here)." And for $59.99 you will receive a gorgeous, leather bound copy... first edition!!! Ooooh, I bet you guys are jealous that I was chosen for that one! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%