Holy Sh**!! I Can't Beleive This!!!!!

Decorating By BaltimoreCoutureCakes Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 9:08pm by fondantgrl

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:46pm
post #61 of 77

Got to admit the cake in-and-of itself is amazing.

However the concept eludes me.

I wonderif it is all cake or are some of the larger layers dummies and the top ones for cutting. That is a awful lot of cake.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #62 of 77

Hello,
Didn't I say that I thought those were familiar???
B.C.C., if that huge cake is of your design, you've done a wonderful job. I sure would like to know how all of that was supported and I bet the sculpture itself was a bear to support also. I don't think it was light (stating the obvious here). But even the cake itself would be a major feat in structural engineering. Sooooo, KUDOS to ANY decorator willing to put herself on the line for something so grandiose.
Just a thought here guys, maybe the groom is the one who ordered the cake for his bride. hmmmmm just a thought.

TripleTrouble Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TripleTrouble Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #63 of 77

I think this cake is amazing! The decorator did an outstanding job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm
post #64 of 77

I think the cake decorator did an awesome job too!!!

I just think the bride needs a "head check"

...Or if it's the groom that ordered this monstrosity, I think he is going to have a diva on his hands

icon_eek.gif

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:07pm
post #65 of 77

Thanks JSmith for the info that the top part is clay. I received the email about this cake about 12 times. Now I can let all the senders know which part isn't cake.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #66 of 77

Just brings the concept of Domestic Violence to a whole new level! What do they say "You may now cut the bride?!" Too freaky!

Arty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arty Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:33pm
post #67 of 77

Yes, this has been the funniest thread I have read on here. That what this forum is for to see other people's opinions, and we all gotta respect that.

What can I say about this cake.......OK full respect to the clay artist she obviously understand the art of sculpting. The cake itself is actually quite plain and I find it hard to believe that all those tiers are cake, there has to be some dummies in there to act as support. Cause there is no-way tthat buttercream covered cakes would support that bust. It is the model that really finishes the cake off.

What I want to know is.......What are the bride & groom going to do (where are they going to put it?), with scultured head and shoulder bust?......It's like something out of the 'Bride of Chucky!'
If they lived in London they could have donated it to Madame Tussaud's icon_lol.gif

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #68 of 77

I don't know...If I had a ton of money, I'd do it as a joke, and put a sign at the base of the cake with my favorite saying..."BITE ME!"...lol

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #69 of 77

I too received this email yesterday...serveral times. I too think it was an amazingly awesome cake...my bows to the decorator... But....my question is..would it have been less tacky if the concept was used as a birthday cake or anniversary cake with a groom? As stated before.. who knows.. maybe the cake wasn't a surpise to the guest becuase they already know the bride is a diva.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:35pm
post #70 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortNsweet

I don't know...If I had a ton of money, I'd do it as a joke, and put a sign at the base of the cake with my favorite saying..."BITE ME!"...lol

That's funny. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:33am
post #71 of 77

Cant we just say what is on our mind!! Jeese im a little tired of everyone criticizing your every comment, if have to say its making me not want to make comments or join in on a discussion if what I have to say is going to get torn apart. I dont feel that I should have to explain my comment. It is just that great cake,,weird concept. What the h*** was wrong with that? Its just my opinion and I dont feel I should have to HIDE the true way that I feel.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:55pm
post #72 of 77

Here's how I really feel. It was their wedding done their way, as it should be. Great clay sculpture on a huge cake with great supports, obviously. Some think it's ego, some say it's freaky, I say IT'S CAKE! My guess is they removed the sculpture, set it aside for guests to oogle and cut into the thing as intended. I'd cut and plate the whole dang head if it was cake and needed to be served. It's just a cake!!

I also don't care who thinks what of my opinion. I don't agree with everyone's take on it but SO WHAT? You don't have to like mine either. I'm tired of these mile long 7th grader threads where some people just wants to keep up an argument. Seems to me like there are a few people around here who make comments about other people's manners just to get the thread going in this kind of direction.

mbh724 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbh724 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #73 of 77

Not only strange but extremely creepy! If I walked into a reception and saw that, I would be rolling on the floor laughing.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:00am
post #74 of 77

WE have to remember, we are talking about two seperate things here.

1) the top part is a sculpture that the bride and groom purchased, took to their cake decorater, and that person worked with it. We all admit the sculpture is interesting/amazing and took a lot of work. The sculpture was purchased here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7503677

2) The sculpture was placed on top of a tiered cake. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me a lot of the work of a bakery in the DFW area and I wondered if it was their work. From the first or second link posted on this thread, it somehoe lead me to this http://www.absolutelyediblecakes.com/ which I think may be the bakery that did the actual cake part of this design.

So, look at it as two seperate things - one being the sculpture, and one being the cake.

Theresa50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theresa50 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:38pm
post #75 of 77

wow just went to the site where the bust was made.. whoever made it did a great job..no mold was used.. she definately has talent.. my hat off to the person that did the bust.. great job....... as for the cake it was also very nice.. they did a great job esp to hold that bust.. i have to say that it was very well put together and the talent of both parties is awesome.. i could only wish to do that good..lol.. i have problems with fondant..lol.. but my hats off to all who participated in the makeing of such a cake.. thumbs_up.gif

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #76 of 77

ok the person who did the bust out of clay is very talented.
The person who did the cake is also very talented...that's a big cake!!

They were hired to do a job that was clearly already designed by *insert person here (bride, groom, etc)* They did an outstading job, it was not their fault that the person who designed it lacked taste or had an ego the size of jupiter. icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:08pm
post #77 of 77

Well every (controversial) thread has to have a Mother Superior telling everyone how to behave !! icon_smile.gif Like one of those Fat Peguins walking around with a big stick .. doesn't it feel like that here sometimes ? it's just funny. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%