Where Can I Find Bigger Boxes For Cakes

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 6:28pm by MandyBs

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all , im making cakes like crazy, and the problem is i cant find big enough boxes to transport them in a look profesional, i can buy them at Michaels and Hobby Lobby sometimes i can get them from my local bakery but there just not tall enough im making a football cake and im using a sheet cake for the football to set on and i noticed last night by the time i set the football ontop of the sheet cake it will not fit in the cake box i just bought i want it to be fresh, so what can i do?? Help
thanks to all who listen

7 replies
vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 8

Do you not have a cake decorating supply shop around you?

If not, try your yellow pages and see if there are any restaurant or box supply companies around you, some of them sell bakery boxes & pads in bulk.

You can also try papermart.com or countrykitchensa.com, there are tons of other sites but those are two off the top of my head right now.

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 8

If you are making a football on top of a sheet cake you may not find a box big enough (tall enough) to cover it completely.. When I have that problem I set it in the box cut off the top and once the buttercream has crusted I cover in Plastic wrap..However I have actually not used a top at all, the frosting seems to keep the cake fresh, If your using fondant even better, dont worry about the freshness as much as I worry about protecting the cake/design while transporting.

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not sure where you are located, I'm in North GA but there is a cake decorating supply store -or HEAVEN as I call it, locally. They sell all kinds of cake boxes and they also have a web-site where you can purchase their products. It might be an option. www.sugarshoppe.com , I would be happy to PM their phone# if you need it -although, it may be on the site. Good luck!

thumbs_up.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 8

If I have a tall cake, I place it in the box, tape the lid to stand up where I want it, and run saran wrap around it a couple of times. It keeps dust or debris from getting on your cake and still looks professional. A CC tip. thumbs_up.gif

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:50am
post #6 of 8

I have never seen them box a cake on ace of cakes. I too have this problem and there are several cake supply stores where I live. Don't like the idea of using regular cardboard boxes but some of the cakes are so tall. I'm sure someone will have an answer I'll have to keep watching this post to find out.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 8

I don't box cakes for delivery. Never have.

If a customer picks it up, I may box it, but if it's tall it will be sticking out of the box.

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 8

If I have a large cake, I usually buy some of those under the bed cardboard boxes that have to be assembled. You can find them in several sizes and they usually cost about $1.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%