Ohio ?

Decorating By Peeg Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm by Peeg

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone! My DH and I would like to take a weekend get away to Ohio to visit the Sugarcraft store. I would like to know if anyone has been there and if it is worth the 8 1/2 hr. trip? I hope some CC'rs from Ohio or where ever will give me some good input. Thanks for your help, Peggy

8 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:52am
post #2 of 9

You may want to review these threads to help you make your decision:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-454773-sugarcraft.html

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-557573-sugarcraft.html

I don't know if you have the time, but Country Kitchen in Fort Wayne, IN is a wonderful "cake" destination. It's about 9hrs. 15mins. from Baltimore, MD.

Have a great trip.
Rae

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:51am
post #3 of 9

I went to Sugarcraft a few times before all the drama went down. The staff wasn't very friendly and the store seemed pretty disorganized to me. The selection, however, was excellent when I finally found what I was looking for.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:04am
post #4 of 9

I've been there. If you're making the trip just to visit that store, then no it's not worth the trip. The people can't/won't answer questions and couldn't care less that you're there. I used to be a frequent poster on that board (don't hold that against me, please.) and I thought that someone might recognize my name. Or at least pretend to . . . Anyway the store is way too small for the amount of merchandise in there so that everything is crammed in. It's actually easier to shop the online catalog.

But there's another Cincy area store that I've heard is good. Who's got the name of that one?

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:56am
post #5 of 9

Cincinnati Cake & Candy Supplies is a good one. I went once and liked it.

www.cincicakeandcandy.com

Sorry, I can't say anything about Sugarcraft...I decided not to visit after all the posts about cestpools....

Peeg Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 10:33am
post #6 of 9

OMG, I didn't mean to open a can of worms, please forgive me, I didn't know it was so much rift raft going on. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif I hope I didn't make any enemies from this icon_cry.gif I am glad I asked, so now I won't waste my time!!! I guess I should learn to read everything before I post a stupid ?. SORRY, I'm keeping my fingers off of the keyboard... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:10am
post #7 of 9

PEEG........ no can of worms....... and it wasn't a stupid quetion ! This is just the opinion of several people on this board... mine included..... Sugar Craft was not very nice to many people on here. They are just giving you a 'heads up".... I certainly wouldn't drive across the street to go there, much less drive for 8 1/2 hours.... probably best to check it out for yourself....

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:14pm
post #8 of 9

I would second Cincinnati Cake and Candy.

Big selection and nice people.

I'm sure you'd be disappointed after a 8 1/2 hr drive with SC and their service. Just my opinion. And I live right up the road from them.

Peeg Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks to everyone and I honor you opinions!!! For sure I will NOT be going to sugarcraft. Would like to check out Country Kitchen though. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%