Finally...the Party Is Over! Long

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm by aswartzw

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 4

My son's 2nd birthday party was saturday and I am so happy it is in the past! I made a 3D blues clues cake and over 300 sugar cookies. I had so many problems that I was crying before the end of Friday night! I made the cake out of 2- wonder molds, 2- 6" rounds and 2- mini wonders. I made the ears out of fondant mixed with Tylose about a week before and they were dry but When I moved them the night before the left one broke icon_evil.gif in half. I had no idea what to do and apparently thought they owuld be invinsible or I was one, because I did not even think to make extras! icon_redface.gif I tried wetting the seam and sticking them together to dry over night. Yeah that didn't work. I wound up tapeing them together right before sticking them into the cake! That actually held up pretty well, then I stuck them in the cake and the Right side wouldn't stay standing and messed up the foot, so I stuck it IN the foot to hold it! ouch.gifshhh.gif. Also when I was icing it I couldn't get the icing smooth and used several different methods including a hot knife, the roller and a viva paper towel. So then my icing lookied like it was kind of mottled in color! icon_cry.gif Then board which was two pieces of cardboard put togethr was not exactly strong enough and when I removed it from the fridge I noticed a small crack along the back of the head where it connected to the body! It will be a long time before I attempt something like that agian!

Honestly though With all the baking and decorating and getting ready for the party in general, I was less stressed this year when I did everything than last year when I ordered a cake from our incompetent bakery!
LL
LL
LL

3 replies
monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 4

The cake looks wonderful.

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 4

Your cake and your cookies are so cute!!!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 4

That is so cute! I don't see anything wrong with him except he's too adorable to eat. I just want to pick him up squeeze him! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%