I Finally Found The Perfect Buttercream!

Decorating By allie73 Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 2:49am by Charmed

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 3

Maybe everyone around here is already knows this - I always seem to be the last to know just about everything! icon_razz.gif But just in case you aren't, I will share my little discover...

I didn't have the patience or time to make IMBC this weekend, and it's too humid to make it smooth and I just haven't had the best luck with smoothing that stuff. So....

I decided to give Buttercream Cream a try, even though I had no Crisco on hand. I only had hi-ratio shortening. I made one batch - it smoothed like a dream, but it was sooooo sweet. I'm just not big on frostings that are THAT sweet. So...

I had to make another half-batch this morning. This time, I used the hi-ratio shortening again, and instead of adding all milk for the liquid, I added one tablespoon of lemon juice. OMG! It is DELICIOUS - just the right sweetness, no citrus taste at all, and it still smoothed like a dream. I've never had icing so smooth. I was thrilled!

To be honest, I don't even care for frosting that much, but I ate two big spoons of the leftover icing today I thought it was so delicious.

So, if you love BC Dream, but wish it wasn't so sweet, add a little lemon juice. And if you love BC Dream, but hate the new Crisco, use hi-ratio shortening - it's fabulous!

2 replies
sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:16am
post #2 of 3

Well, I had to check this out, as I am still on the hunt for my favorite BC! Thanks for letting us all know this allie73! Buttercream Dream was too sweet for me, and I did not use the hi-ratio with it. I will try both though in my next batch. Thanks again!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:49am
post #3 of 3

YOu said buttercream cream...is this a new recipe? or
Do you mean just a plain buttercream recipe with lemon juice added?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%