Need To Know If I Need To Offer Money Back On This

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 12:58pm by wendy1273

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:28pm
post #31 of 53

Oh Sue I wish I had it delivered....what I had to do was take this to my Mom's house which is 1/2 way to the venue (this morning) because I have 1 other cakes that won't fit in the van at the same time SO...I thought well I'd take it to mom's then I could deliver the other cake in the morning before I pick up the Anniversary cake to deliver. I hope they like it also icon_smile.gif (well they better they have already paid icon_sad.gif <----wishs they had waited till tomorrow)

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Oh yes forgot to add....I didn't heed the advice...I took it totally stacked

Will know better next time...first time a mistake...secound time...stupidity LOL

Christi

Don't really know why it was a mistake to travel with it stacked. The point of SPS is that it's okay (gaps and all) to travel with it stacked. I've read many people who use SPS and it commonly has a small gap between layers and they still travel with it. I don't think you did anything wrong with this cake. icon_wink.gif

wgoat5 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #33 of 53

thank you icon_smile.gif

no it was a mistake because it was so heavy :LOL:

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm
post #34 of 53
Quote:

Anyways any tips on how to hide the gaps?

Christi

Christi,

Once I stack and before I do the border, I run a smoothrow of icing around the bottom using a large writing tip or a small star tip. I was getting frustrated with either small gaps or the darker side of the cake boards showing and I found this solution helps.

wgoat5 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 8:54pm
post #35 of 53

Thank you Aztomcat!!! Sounds like you and Leah have got it down. icon_sad.gif I dunno guess I was just so excited to decorate that I didn't think....not at the right time anyways!

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 9:08pm
post #36 of 53

Oops guess I misunderstood, anyway, I'm sure it will be fine and tomorrow is almost here! Hey what is this SPS system, I have a cake in 2 weeks I have to deliver over 40 miles away, going to the backwoods so I'm sure there will be some non-cake friendly roads. This tip of putting icing over the gap is awesome, I thought I was just really bad at measuring and cutting dowles, glad to know others have had the same issue.

Sue

wgoat5 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 9:50pm
post #37 of 53

I'll let Leahs explain...but it is wonderful icon_smile.gif the hollow plastic "dowels go up into a plate AND STAY icon_biggrin.gif the plate has a nub on it that punctures your cake board icon_smile.gif therefore the cake doesn't move icon_smile.gif you can get them at www.oasis.com.

icon_smile.gif I'll gather my info up for you icon_smile.gif

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 10:29pm
post #38 of 53

I'm relatively new to this site, but have been doing the occasional cake for the family for several years. If I ordered a 50th anniversary cake and received your cake, I would be thrilled!! It is beautiful, and I wouldn't change a thing. I sure wouldn't expect any kind of refund. It is worth every penny they paid you!!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #39 of 53

Yeah, I'm singin' in the front row of the SPS choir. It's a plate and pillar system made by BakeryCrafts. It's cheap, easy and sturdy. And yes you can travel with fully stacked cakes--or as much as you can lift.

Today we had a cake going to a ship. I could board at 2:15 and the ship was scheduled to pull away from the dock at 2:45. We had to deliver fully stacked and decorated. Used SPS as always and all went so well that DH asked, "Why don't we just deliver fully stacked all the time?"

wgoat5 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #40 of 53

UPDATE

Day started out bad to begin with....DH went to get in truck this morning to go to work and it wouldn't start...SO he had to take my van!!!! (Duh I have to deliver cakes!!!!) Had the anniversary cake down at my mom's waiting for me to pick it up and take to the venue. Mom calls 5 minutes after my DH leaves at 4 AM and says "Oh Dear Lord Christi the bow fell last night!!!" icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gif I am a nervous wreck to begin with...but now I'm crying hysterically, not only do I NOT have a vehicle to deliver the darn cakes BUT my cake is sitting down there at mom's with the Bow falling off!!!

WEll my cousin comes through....let's me borrow her blazer, I go down to fix the cake and deliver the other one. Let me just say I was horrified. It wasn't just a loop it was a FEW!!! And they had slid down the icing! SOOOOO>...... I started working on it frantically...AND I DID IT icon_biggrin.gif ..... I also got it delivered AND I fixed the gaps....I'm posting the pics of it down on my kitchen table before I delivered it. Oh btw THEY LOVED IT...They CRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

Ok here's pics of where I fixed the bow and the cake AND fixed the gap inbetween the layers icon_smile.gif

Thank you all!!!

Christi
LL
LL

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:11pm
post #41 of 53

What did you fix? Looks as perfect as always! icon_wink.gif I'm so glad they liked it. I would never have guessed you fixed something. I don't think I would ever be able to fix something so it looked like new.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 8:10pm
post #42 of 53

Oh that is just a awful start to the day. I can feel your anxiety. icon_mad.gif

I so happy that it end up so well for you thumbs_up.gif I love my cake decorating but i have other outlets, so when the day is done i can sit down and work on those. this way i can get that frustration out of my head.

I think your cake look beautiful. icon_eek.gif By the way I hope your truck is running again icon_evil.gif you just know he (the devil) was at work for you that morning either that or it was the gremlins. icon_twisted.gif

wgoat5 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 8:24pm
post #43 of 53

Yeppers he was....Got the part ordered for the truck...and I have cousins extra car for a few days..so no biggy...we can conquer anything icon_smile.gif right???? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok adrenaline is over for this cake....now I want another biggy icon_smile.gif

Mom asked me this morning if I wanted to do Weddings now that this is over. I am still not sure if I want to do them all the time...but it was fun icon_biggrin.gif , till the anxiety kicked in and my heart rate went up and my blood pressure decided to start fluxuating (sp) really badly LOL....but that is over...now on to bigger and better things I guess...I have a few days to recover from this before I go back to a few sheet cakes and BUNCHES of donated cakes icon_sad.gif . Soooooo....with that said HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY icon_biggrin.gif

Christi icon_smile.gif

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 9:34pm
post #44 of 53

I just wanted to say that the cake was beautiful!

SazzyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SazzyG Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #45 of 53

Have just read the thread and your cake is absolutely beautiful. Love the detail with the pearls. What colors did you use? like my mom always says, "Some things are sent to try us!" You were certainly tried and you conquered. Huge congratulations to you.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:58am
post #46 of 53

That cake is simply gorgeous!!! Wonderfull job! Please don't refund anything!!! thumbs_up.gif

koalabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koalabear Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:20am
post #47 of 53

Fabulous Job!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #48 of 53

Well thank you icon_smile.gif

The colors I used were Americolor gold for the base color and just the color of the white chocolate fondant with pearl dust for the pearls and bows icon_smile.gif

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:26pm
post #49 of 53

You cake is beautiful!!!! I couldn't see any gaps in the first picture. Of course I can see the gaps in my own cakes..... icon_lol.gif
Yours was perfect, glad they loved it.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:45am
post #50 of 53

I also thought your cake was gorgeous. But I do understand what you were going through. I always compare it to when I paint a room, if there is one tiny flaw my eye will be drawn directly to it everytime I enter the room, even though no one else will ever notice it. I'm really glad everything turned out well in the end.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 10:22am
post #51 of 53

The girls of KY strike again!!
Congrats wgoat5 knew you could do it!!!!!
UM, where's my "donated" cake????
I wont even make you deliver it!!!!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:59pm
post #52 of 53

I didnt read this whole thing, but no refund! They probably wouldnt even notice! It looks beautiful in the photo.

wendy1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendy1273 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:58pm
post #53 of 53
Quote:

Yeppers he was....Got the part ordered for the truck...and I have cousins extra car for a few days..so no biggy...we can conquer anything icon_smile.gif right???? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok adrenaline is over for this cake....now I want another biggy icon_smile.gif

Mom asked me this morning if I wanted to do Weddings now that this is over. I am still not sure if I want to do them all the time...but it was fun icon_biggrin.gif , till the anxiety kicked in and my heart rate went up and my blood pressure decided to start fluxuating (sp) really badly LOL....but that is over...now on to bigger and better things I guess...I have a few days to recover from this before I go back to a few sheet cakes and BUNCHES of donated cakes icon_sad.gif . Soooooo....with that said HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY icon_biggrin.gif

Christi icon_smile.gif

I just finish reading the post and I can tell you that I know exactly what you went thru, I had my first customer last week and I had to deliver the cake at 6:00 O'clock and end it up delivering at 6:30 because I was so nerves and making sure that everything was fine before delivery, my DH kept telling me, is fine lets go. I was driving my poor children crazy asking them what they thought about the cake and if it looked fine and they keep telling me, mami is fine it looks beautiful but I couldn't stop thinking that maybe they just wanted to be nice to me. My hands were shaking and I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack, I even kept telling myself maybe this is not for me.
When I deliver the cake the lady that order it wasn't there so I had to wait for her to call me. When she called she was so happy and gave me a lot of complements, she stopped by the house to drop the stand and even gave me a hug.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%