Just Curious

Decorating By jibbies Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 3:52am by chaptlps

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:09am
post #1 of 11

What exactly is a "Gallery Supporter Member"?

Jibbies

10 replies
Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:16am
post #2 of 11

It is a member that has contributed money to CakeCentral.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:21am
post #3 of 11

It is a member who looks at uncommented cakes and comments on them. I love doing it! So many GREAT cakes get lost in the shuffle!

Elle

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:21am
post #4 of 11

A gallery supporter is someone who has had reached a certain number of posts (100 I believe) and they sign up to become a gallery supporter, which means that they have a special access to view photos in the gallery that are uncommented. That way, they can go in and comment on them so that everyone gets a comment on the pics they post.

As far as I know, there is no money involved in this... it is free.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:22am
post #5 of 11

A gallery supporter member is one who has at least 100 posts, has joined the gallery supporter user group, and is able to comment on cakes in the uncommented section.
We were formed to help with the massive task of viewing and commenting on the cakes that flew by the front page without comments and to view and comment on as many cakes as we can.
It's our job to make sure that no cake goes without recognition.
We are discouraged from making "mercy comments" and to give real feedback on what we see.
There are soo many cakes that get posted that they easily can get left in the dreaded one comment limbo and a lot of really talented decorators get discouraged because the don't think that anyone likes their cake when in actuality it's a logistical thing where they are uploaded so fast that they don't even have time to get seen much less commented on.

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:29am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaptlps

A gallery supporter member is one who has at least 100 posts, has joined the gallery supporter user group, and is able to comment on cakes in the uncommented section.
We were formed to help with the massive task of viewing and commenting on the cakes that flew by the front page without comments and to view and comment on as many cakes as we can.
It's our job to make sure that no cake goes without recognition.
We are discouraged from making "mercy comments" and to give real feedback on what we see.
There are soo many cakes that get posted that they easily can get left in the dreaded one comment limbo and a lot of really talented decorators get discouraged because the don't think that anyone likes their cake when in actuality it's a logistical thing where they are uploaded so fast that they don't even have time to get seen much less commented on.

I'm interested how do I go about this? Is it by invitation only, or can you just let someone know that's already a supporter?
Thanks

Jibbies

chaptlps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:34am
post #7 of 11

Nope anyone can join. You submit your interest and the moderator will get you enabled.
There are three buttons at the top of the screen there, they say "forum FAQ's", "ranks" and "user groups"
Click the user group tab and look for the Gallery Supporter link. Click it fill it out and you should get a notification lickety split.
Bonus, you'll get that nice "Gallery Supporter Member" moniker under your info on the left there.
Where it with pride my dear, wear it with pride!!!

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:40am
post #8 of 11

Thanks chaptlps, I did it icon_biggrin.gif
I'm really excited!

Jibbies

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:48am
post #9 of 11

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
What if they turn me down icon_sad.gificon_redface.gif

Jibbies

chaptlps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:50am
post #10 of 11

Hun, there are gazillions of photos being added every day. We need all the help we can get!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif So I don't think you'll be turned down.

chaptlps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:52am
post #11 of 11

Just wanted to add though, with the recent changes in servers and such it might actually be a little bit before a moderator can approve your application. It depends on who is on at the moment (moderator wise) and if the servers are working correctly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%