Is This Rude? Or Is It Just Me?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 1:27pm by 7yyrt

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:09am
post #1 of 9

A couple of weeks ago, I posted something that lots of people asked me how I did it. So I ended up posting my email address and said that anyone who wanted directions could email me.
I got about 9 emails, and I sent everyone one of them directions, along with photos. And only 1 person wrote back to say thanks! icon_sad.gif If I take the time to do this for a perfect stranger, I expect a quick thank you from them! I have written other people for stuff before, and have always been courteous.
Phew. I feel better now. icon_lol.gif

8 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

You are absolutely correct. Not responding with a thank you is very, very rude.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:25am
post #3 of 9

I agree with you, it is rude. I have been fortunate in that nearly everyone who has contacted me has been polite, friendly and responded with a "thank you" right away. I have had a few people pm with a message that simply says something like. "Send me the instructions too" with their email address. No "hello, my name is Jane Doe, would you please send the instrcutions to me as well?"

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:37am
post #4 of 9

Yup, definitely rude! thumbsdown.gif

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 9

I agree, rude.

I always tell my grown children, now that they are parents, "manners are something that is taught, not something one is born with". Unfortunately, manners is something not every parent is teaching their children icon_sad.gif , clearly evident in today's society.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 9

It is very rude. It has happen to me a few people here ask and never say thank you. This is the only board were a % do not say thank you, the other board I go to people I help all ways say thank you. Sorry it happen for me I make a note and will decide if I should help them in the future. Stay positive.

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 9

Definitely rude! If they have time to ask the question then they should have time to say thank you. I know I feel guilty if I don't get back to the computer to send the thank you until the next day or something. I don't know how people can just never say anything in return.

Don't let it stop you from helping people though. There are lots of us that appreciate those things AND who will take the time to tell you that! icon_wink.gif

Anya

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:27am
post #8 of 9

Rude. I went to another site and a lady there gave out recipes freely. She only requested we reply with an email that they were received. I think it was her way of reminding people to say thank you.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 9

If they were older people they may not have checked their e-mail yet. My kids check theirs several times a day, I check mine every few days, and my Dad checks his only once a week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%