Totally Clueless...help

Decorating By ysa Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 10:22am by wgoat5

ysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ysa Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 14

my client wants me to make this kind of cake...cupcakes...cookies..
and can't figure out how... are ducts for this kind ofthere available wilton pro cookies? or will i make it on my own...i'm totally clueles.. icon_cry.gif
and what's on top of the cake?tnx hope to hear from you guys
LL
LL

13 replies
ysa Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 14

i'm really clueless guys...help please...

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 14

Not a clue here. Sorry

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 14

they look like stand up table decorations or possibly even stuffed animals (?)

cheftracy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftracy Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

are ducts for this kind ofthere available wilton pro cookies? or will i make it on my own

Not really sure what you are asking here.

That cake and table are extremely busy. Try to break it down layer by layer. I think the top is figures and cookies on a stick. Not sure if the figurines are made from edible material of plastic. Some of the background decorations are blending in with the cake and difficult to know what is part of the top. I can't tell if the thick green 'tendrils' are balloons in the background are part of the topper.

Good Luck

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 14

Wow Looks like a lot of work!
If you enlatge the photo, it looks like fondant cakes embellished with fondant accents and fondant figures on top. Then "lollipops" appear to be cookies on a stick and I guess the ones held in the cake are with straws and the ones to the side are probably held in foam bases... whoa! Definitely a high $ labor content on this one.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 14

Looking at it again...the bottom appears to be plastic and the only "cake" there is the top layer...lots of cookies to decorate.

I would check on how many to feed as you might find she needs more than one cake. In which case, you would have to make the bottom display real, and that is a lot of work... getting from the bottom to the top display cake there is a lot of display work to produce the look...it would require a piece of that round cardboard they use to build deck supports with (they fill them with cement but you would leave it hollow or fill it with a surprize for the kiddies...) and that would have to be covered with something.... but it is doable for a decent amount of bucks...maybe that will have her change her mind lol.

Edited to add:
Oh and the little display in the front looks like those little toys where you push up on the bottom and the head pops up...I'd put those inside the hollow barrel for a take home gift.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 14

I would agree that the only cake is on top of the orange thingy. It seems the cookie sticks are sticking into the bottom cake, which must be styro.

KateWatson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateWatson Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 14

We just got back from Disneyland and I was in the Main Street Candy Shop, those lollipops are from there. Don't know if you can order them online. Google Disney candy and see what you get. I think the orange section is plastic or covered wood, not cake. Then a small cake on top, mini cupcakes around the base. Is there any way to simplify it and not make it such a production and a sugar overload? Does everyone really need cake, a cupcake and a lollipop?!!! Unless some kids will only choose one from those choices . . .and then you won't need a lollipop for everyone. Good luck! It's cute.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:47pm
post #10 of 14

And just doing some rought calculations on that, I'd be at about $750. Seriously.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 2:32pm
post #11 of 14

There is a LOT of stuff going on in that display! I would do like several people have said and just take it layer by layer and maybe simplify it.

I love Pooh and the idea is really cute. The topper Tigger and Pooh look like they are stuffed. And I think the whole thing is supposed to look like a tree. As someone else suggested, you could use a cardboard tube for the "trunk" and cover it something with a woodgrain look (contact paper comes to mind). You might also find a tall glass vase with that shape. I've seen them in stores here used to put candles in and I've seen them used at weddings too.

As for the toppers on the cupcakes, I'm not sure. I would personally wouldn't put the toppers on them.

Good luck! Looks like it will be fun but a lot of work.

ysa Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:25am
post #12 of 14

thank you so much guys....i dont know what i will do without you c'cers! i think it's really true that everything is doable.. but it comes with the right price...this cake will cost too much.... it's either i will find a way to change her mind..or ust simplify it... the person who wants this cake is a big person in our country... so it's really hard too refuse her...but i will try everything to change her mind..lolz icon_lol.gif

emhurston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emhurston Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:01am
post #13 of 14

Ok, so maybe I'm an optimist, but I think this is totally doable. If you go out and search on the net you can buy all the extras for the display from cookie pops, cupcake picks, chocolate characters for the sides of the cake. A really big round for the bottom with the cardboard for the middle. If they don't need the servings you could even carve out the bottom cake for the cardboard so you don't have to worry about supports. I just think if you break it down it is doable, but then if she's willing to pay and you have enough time to order, anything is doable. Good luck, looks like fun.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:22am
post #14 of 14

I think the "lollys" are actually chocolate....I have seen the molds for these icon_wink.gif

I agree with whoever said this would be extremely high cost...because of all the extras you would have to buy. Or they could buy them and supply them for you icon_smile.gif

Good luck and post when finished if you do this one icon_smile.gif

Have a great day

Christi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%