Any Gift You Can't Wait To Give?

Lounge By berryblondeboys Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 11:18pm by KHalstead

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 10

Or maybe have given for Hannakah already?

The "sold" gun story below has me thinking about how I'm excited for my son to open all of his presents! I thought it would be so hard to buy for him since he's a preteen and too big for most toys and not old enough for teen stuff (plus we don't do video/computer games).

I got him a snap circuits set (He's really into science and I think DH will have fun with this too). I got him an engraved belt display for all his TaeKwonDo belts (he currently has a shrine in his closet! LOL), and lastly, he's gotten into Yo-yos so I got him a couple "better" yo-yos and a Tricks DVD. he'll be so happy!

The little guy would like pretty much anything, but I got him a teletubby bath set which he should really like since he's IN LOVE with the Teletubbies!

Melissa

9 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 10

My brother and I went together and got our Mom a digital camera and a memory card. Just for these 2 small things, she will have to go through 1 bag, 3 boxes, and 4 unwrappings just to get to it. LOL!!!

I couldn't (I didn't) wait to give dh his new laptop, he's had it about 2 wks now, lol!!!!

Our boys are really into disney/pixar CARS, and we have a bunch of that stuff for them, and I really can't wait for them to get those.

Great thread!!!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 10

The gun is the one I'm most excited about but I got some things for my boys that I can't wait until they see.

My youngest loves the Cars movie and he's getting some toys that go with the small diecast cars. He's getting a couple things to go with from other people too so he's going to be thrilled.

My oldest likes pirate stuff so he's getting the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribean. It's about 2 feet long and there are guys you can get to go with it. We also got him both Pirates of the Carriebean movies, he's been borrowing the first from his grandma.

bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 10

The one gift that I'm the most excited to give is a quilt that I made for my husband. It was the first quilt that I had ever made and I worked on it for a long time. Somedays my fingers even turned blue from it. I made it for my husband and sent it to him (he's deployed to Iraq right now.) He's called and told me that his Christmas gifts had gotten there in the mail, but that he was going to wait to open them until Christmas. Some people might be wondering about if he really needs a quilt over there, but his job has him working in a highly secured room and sleeping in a freezing cold aircondtioned room. So I think he needs it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 10

It's not a gift for this year, but one year for my married daughter's birthday, I found (on eBay) a game that she LUV'D as a kid! It's from Tyco and it's a cheesy little bowling game, where you wind up the walking bowling ball and he wobbles down the bowling lane to knock down the pins. Usually, he wobbled right off the side! The whole thing folded up to a 5"x5" box. My daughter talked about it all the time, how it was SO FUN!!! Well, like I said, I found one on eBay and it was the greatest present! She took it to work, shared with all of her friends and it's one of her favorites.

Ah, eBay! Where childhood memories can still be bought!

berryblondeboys Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 10

I agree some of the best gifts can't be bought!

One year for our anniversary I made a coupon book for DH. Since he never looks around, he didn't know they existed at Hallmarks or other places, but it was just notecards that I used clip art and typed up my presents to be used throughout the year and personalized just for us. Like: this coupon valid for one date to the Book store, and and so on. He had TEARS!!!!

And I agree, I'm an ebay junkie. I have had my eye out for a couple years for a couple items I'm looking for. Well... guess I shouldn't call myself a junkie since I've only had 112 transactions of which 1/3 of them are things I've sold, but still... it's a great source for about everything.

Melissa

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

My oldest likes pirate stuff so he's getting the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribean. It's about 2 feet long and there are guys you can get to go with it.

We got that for my son too! He loves Pirates. It's so big that I'm not even going to try to wrap it, I'll just slap a big ribbon on it icon_biggrin.gif

-Lisa

berryblondeboys Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 10

Just got a blog report that Disneystore online is having their after Christmas sale starting today and some pirate stuff is there.

Melissa

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 2:16pm
post #9 of 10

For my guy - a silly little coffee cup, but he'll love it. Complains that all the cups represent me since he can't find one he likes. Well, found one! He'll love it!

For ds - the book "730 Easy Science Experiments" and I've already stocked up on baking soda. Volcanoes, here we come. Plastic dropcloth is ready to go as well.

For dd - Sassafras Little Cook's tool kit. It was actually a mistake, because I ordered the kit with oven mitts and an apron. Daddy says this one is better, he's not ready for her to be around heat. Making cookie dough so it's ready to bake when they open gifts Friday. She wanted a Ka, the 600 like mine, but she can keep wanting. icon_rolleyes.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 11:18pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

It's not a gift for this year, but one year for my married daughter's birthday, I found (on eBay) a game that she LUV'D as a kid! It's from Tyco and it's a cheesy little bowling game, where you wind up the walking bowling ball and he wobbles down the bowling lane to knock down the pins. Usually, he wobbled right off the side! The whole thing folded up to a 5"x5" box. My daughter talked about it all the time, how it was SO FUN!!! Well, like I said, I found one on eBay and it was the greatest present! She took it to work, shared with all of her friends and it's one of her favorites.

Ah, eBay! Where childhood memories can still be bought!

Oh my gosh.......I love love love love LOVE that game!!!! I haven't thought about it for yrs. Man, me and my brothers (reverting to a five yr. old lol) I mean my brothers and I used to play that thing for hours and hours when we were kids!!!!! You just took me for a walk down memory lane..hahah lane.....get it?? lOl sorry..... icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%