Chocolate Cake Recipe

Decorating By dixiechick Updated 18 Dec 2006 , 2:38am by Derby

dixiechick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiechick Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, My aunt is doing a 3 or 4 tier wedding cake, this is the first time shes had a request for a chocolate we usually just do white. Her mother has done cake for years and told her that the boxed choclate cake mix are just not that great . She was just gonna try a regular white cake mix and add cocoa to the mix?????? Im not sure this is gonna work. Any suggestions, recipes or any advice on boxed cakes or anything you add to them , or a recipe you love, ANYTHINGicon_wink.gif would be great. The icing is just going to be the Wilton buttercream recipe. TIA !!

4 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 5

Try the recipe on back of the hershey cocoa can. That is what I use, it is great.

lkfarley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkfarley Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 5

Was going to suggest the same thing. That is generally the only chocolate cake recipe I use and EVERYONE LOVES IT!!! Plan on using it for a wedding cake in February. Good luck!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:30am
post #4 of 5

If you want to use a mix, the cake mix doctor's buttermilk chocolate is excellent!!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:38am
post #5 of 5

I love the one on the Hershey's can, too. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the Cake Mix Doctor's chocolate cakes....read her little side notes and you'll find the type that you're looking for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%