Need Advice On How To Handle This......

Baking By jenstastycakes Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 5:45pm by girltrapped

jenstastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenstastycakes Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 4

I had a lady call me asking me if I do cookie bouqets and if I deliver. I told her that I do, only to find out that she think my business (which is mainly cakes decorating) is like those on the web that sells cookie bouqets. I was under the impression that she was ordering the cookies for herslf for a party she was doing not for me to deliver to her sick uncle in a home.

As I could do this for her, I don't want it to get around that I do this type of delivery work. What should I tell her and should I continue with the order. I am confused.

Please help!!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 4

If you want to do it, delivering one shouldn't cause a problem. You can handle future requests differently, depending on your availability (and your mood icon_biggrin.gif )

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 4

As long as you are being paid for delivery, and it's within a certain radius, I'd go for it! Delivery can be a pain at times, but it's worse waiting for a late customer to come pick up an order. If you hate the idea of delivery, be upfront about it and let the lady know that it is a service you cannot provide.

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 4

If you deliver it shouldn't make a difference where you take it. Most care centers, nursing homes and hospitals have a front desk you leave flowers and such items at for delivery so you don't have to actually visit with the uncle. I would just have someone sign off that they were received in great condition and be on my way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%