My First Order

Decorating By Crystal74 Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 2:44pm by elizw

Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:39am
post #1 of 7

My aunt wanted a cake for my two niece's (6yr. and 8yr). They are having a party tomorrow night for Disney's "Twitches Too" premiere. The witch is my first FBCT. I think it came out nice---but I'm sticking with rounds for a while. Square cakes are not for novices to ice....LOL! Let me know what you think.

Crystal

6 replies
KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:33am
post #2 of 7

Wow, I think you did a great job on the FBCT. and I'm sure the girls will love it for their party. I haven't tried FBCT yet. You have inspired me.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:36am
post #3 of 7

You have done an awesome job! I just love doing fbct's they are my clients favorite. I think they are so much fun to do too and I agree with you on the icing of the square cakes. OMG, they are difficult to smooth out, but GREAT JOB, they will just LOVE IT.

Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 11:01am
post #4 of 7

Thanks for looking. I'm a novice at best, but I just keep practicing. I think I'm going to have to give my bake even strips a try. I just can't seem to get my cakes level.

Crystal

BrittanyUdean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrittanyUdean Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 7

I think I'm going to have to give my bake even strips a try. I just can't seem to get my cakes level[/quote]

I dont have time to make mine level in the oven and it really is a hassel. I just bake mine and use the leveler thing I bought from the craft store. They come in 2 sizes. One for smaller cakes and one for LARGER cakes. These have made my busy life EASIER!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 7

Your cake looks great, love the FBCT.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 7

artwork is great! very detailed. be proud!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%