**sigh**

Decorating By cassandrascakes Updated 18 Dec 2006 , 7:36am by mkolmar

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 7:19am
post #1 of 20

It's 2:15 am, I just got off work at 11:30 pm, I have a 4 tier wedding cake to decorate, a church anniversary, and a birthday all due tomorrow. I had someone come and pick up a 50th birthday cake today. I was just wondering if anyone one else was in the same boat as I am at this late hour. I know I wont be going to bed tonight. **sigh**

19 replies
cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 7:21am
post #2 of 20

OH, and I forgot to add a carved basketball grooms cake. **double sigh**

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 7:29am
post #3 of 20

Man, how do you do it?

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 7:38am
post #4 of 20

lmfao I'm in the same boat babe! I'm up at 2:35 AM icing a Dora Character cake. I've just realized just how much I despise Dora lol. I have only put the thinned blue icing on as the background and sides and am taking a smoke break before attempting anymore lol. I also have 36 mini cupcakes to decorate before this party. As well as I had to make a jell-o souffle tonight which needs to chill over night. I also have the rest of the mini cupcakes (extra batter) to ice when all the party needs are iced and done and I can use the left overs lol.

Hubby is up, making buttercream icing for me, and I'm sitting back cussing Wilton because they made me thin 1 1/4 cup of blue icing to do the sides and backgrounds and it won't even take that much unless I "cake" it on there like 5 inches thick!!! lmao so yeah I'm in that boat right with ya sista! icon_wink.gif Did you bring the Disarrono?? (sp) lol. I love those Toasted Almonds man they are delicious! But knowing my luck I'd get smashed and mess the cake up lmao.

Good luck with all you have to do icon_smile.gif You have way more on your plate then I do but I have bad carpal tunnel and it takes me days to do all those damn stars lol icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 7:39am
post #5 of 20

I feel your pain icon_sad.gif

I don't know how you do it all - I'm retired and there still aren't enough hours in the day.

Whenever, I make the cake/s for a family function, it usually turns out to be an all nighter!

It's worth it to me because I have the rest of my life to sleep... and I want to learn to do so many things before I take that dirt nap.

OhMyGoodies Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 7:44am
post #6 of 20

Well see I feel the same way... I'm at stay at home mom currently so I have all the time in the world except this week!!! I had a school program tuesday night, a present wrapping session wednesday, a concert last night (Kenny Rogers Christmas 2006 WOOHOO), bake cakes yesterday which I couldn't had to take god daughter to ER for sprained ankle (thought she broke it) so I baked it all today, and need to ice it all tonight because I have a company party tomorrow evening for my husband's work, then the birthday party sunday afternoon.... busy busy busy!!! TOO DARN BUSY this week!!!!! lol Oh and I really want to enjoy this party tomorrow, first time with this company, big spender his boss is lol, and small company, so they go over board to show their appreciation and I really don't wanna fall asleep at this party tomorrow night/tonight lol

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 8:03am
post #7 of 20

I'm glad I'm not the only one who pulls all-nighters! I'm *trying* to get better about baking and making buttercream ahead of time...although I was the one who just posted about having to run to the store because I was out of powdered sugar!

That Dora cake is a pain! It was all the icing colors that drove me nuts! That one and Spiderman are the two I dread most!

Hang in there, chicas. Got Diet Coke/coffee/iced tea/caffeine of your choice??

OhMyGoodies Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 8:56am
post #8 of 20

Ok now I'm ready to call Wilton and tell them what I think of their Dora pan icon_cry.gif the picture insert is BACKWARDS from the finished cake..... so needless to say her hair is totally messed up icon_cry.gif Hopefully no one will notice and I can save it by over filling in with the flesh toned stars in the morning lol.... Ok gang nighty night!!! Good luck all you all nighters! icon_wink.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 9:22am
post #9 of 20

UGH! Yes! Why do Wilton print the picture of the finished cake backwards to how it actually turns out??? It's such a pain (esp at 2am!). Hope you all managed to get some sleep (((HUGS)))

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:08pm
post #10 of 20

Much love and respect to you all nighters....Tonight will be my first with 3- 2 tier cakes all different flavors and 4 dozen R.I. snowflakes to create! All while grocery shopping and lugging around a two year old and a moody 13 year old. DH has to work all day! So caffiene is my friend for sure today! Not to mention saturady at house is always homemade pizza night too!icon_biggrin.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:27pm
post #11 of 20

I don't do all-nighters but I have been known to get up at 3:30 in the morning, because I couldn't sleep, to finish a cake. Are we commited or what?

JeNetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JeNetty Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:32pm
post #12 of 20

icon_eek.gif YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING ME OUT! I'll be climbing in this boat next week....NO SLEEP...but beautiful cakes all around!

I'll post pics when I'm done!

Hang in there peeps!

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 4:43pm
post #13 of 20

oh yeah I feel your pain i'am resting today after 2 days of getting my rear end kicked by orders I put off until the last minute at 10 yesterday morning I had 5 dozen cookies to bake and decorate 2 dozen cupcakes and 2 sheet cakes for a christmas party plus I was trying to make some last minute ornaments (not a good idea) but I got it all done and im just glad its over with now im going on vaca to see my family for 2 whole weeks yea and just when I thought I would have a break they are all calling me my mom wants cookies for her work my sister wants a cake for hers ahhhhh now i have to add all my supplies to the already large list of things to pack. icon_razz.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 4:53pm
post #14 of 20

Hope you all get some sleep soon!!!!
((((HUGS))))

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 9:07pm
post #15 of 20

There is nothing like a good cupajoe icon_cool.gif :lol

Coffee anyone? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 9:13pm
post #16 of 20

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

Not sure which smiley to use.

OhMyGoodies Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:32am
post #17 of 20

Well I finished the cake, cupcakes, and the jell-o souffle with an entire day to spare!!! I was finished by Saturday at noon!!! I was soooooooooooooo happy!!! icon_biggrin.gif I'll post pics tomorrow icon_smile.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 4:00am
post #18 of 20

crap cass, you should have called me, i was over there today--i'm over there EVERY sunday icon_smile.gif

i could have given you a couple of hours yesterday....i hope it's all done & you are able to rest some now!!!!

Rachel8648 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel8648 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 4:12am
post #19 of 20

You ladies are all to funny! I totally know how you feel! Tis the season for sleepless nights!!! LOL! Don't forget to take a minute to yourselves and take some deep breaths!! I know it always relaxes me when I have a million things to do at once! thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 7:36am
post #20 of 20

It's 2:35 am right now and I'm waiting for some baked goods to come out of the oven that are needed for tomorrow. I don't have your work load on my shoulders though so YIKES, best of luck and I hope you get some much needed rest soon!---Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%