Freezing & Thawing Cupcakes

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 3:38pm by adawndria

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:52am
post #1 of 6

Just wondering if there are tips out there. Mainly for thawing b/c I've seen them on freezing. Is there one way that's better to thaw? I'm just afraid of the papers becoming soggy when I thaw them. Does anyone do this with success?

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:33am
post #2 of 6

I baked and froze cupcakes when I was selling at the Saturday market.

I put them in an airtight container, single layers separated by foil or waxed paper. Thawed overnight in the fridge.

Once in a while, the paper would come loose, but most were fine.

dandelion56602 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 6

Do you thaw in the fridge or countertop?

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 6

Well I am going to jump out there and take a chance on getting in trouble, but I just did this 2 days ago. I took cupcakes out of freezer, frosted, decorated with glitter and a MMF flower and put in fridge for next day. (so they were still frozen when frosted). When the lady came to pick up they looked just like they did when I did them. Perfect. Most would say to had to thaw, if you feel you need to I would just put in fridge. They thaw pretty fast in there.

dandelion56602 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:01am
post #5 of 6

Thanks. I think this would cut down on condensation too since it's cooler in a fridge than in the house.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 6

I leave them out on the counter. Haven't had issues with papers separating, but I've only used the nut and party cups when I freeze them. Haven't used regular liners, yet when freezing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%