Egg Nog Cake

Decorating By jespooky Updated 23 Dec 2006 , 5:01am by strawberry0121

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 16

Does anyone have a recipe for a good egg nog cake?? I only found one, and i'm a little leary because it was WAY more wet ingrediants then dry....(it just doesnt seem to add up, if you know what i mean) Thanks in advance!! icon_smile.gif

15 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 16

This site has lots of recipes for egg nog cakes:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,egg_nog_cake,FF.html

Hope that helps!

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 16
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 16

Strawberry, that's the one I posted. I was planning on making the Roasted Turkey cake for Thanksgiving and my in-laws called and said they wanted "THEIR" eggnog cake, so I compromised and make the "turkey" out of the eggnog cake. They loved it. I still don't understand why they didn't want to wait until Christmas this year, but with them......... Anyway, the photo is in my picture album.

-Grace

P.S. Now they're bugging me that they still want it for Christmas also. I've created a family of monsters. I'm almost afraid to make it for my side of the family this year (the first time since before I was married we'll be celebrating with my side - I'll be married 14 years in May!!)

strawberry0121 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 16

I was going to make it for my inlaws, but they asked for cookies instead...weird, I'm the cake lady....oh well, maybe I'll make one anyway. They're getting some cookies!!! I think I made a zillion, plus fudge (regular and peanut butter) and I am now working on a basketball cake and chocolate covered pretzels for gifts. My kitchen is BOMBED!!!

BTW, I made a turkey cake, too! Good job on yours!

Monika

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 16

Monika, I just took a look at your turkey cake. It came out beautifully. Not only does the cake look professional, but even your photo is beautifully "cropped".

Let me know how you do with the cakes and cookies. I'm in the middle of straightening up my two disasterous rooms (kitchen and dining room) so I can get everything in order and start again. lol

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:54am
post #7 of 16

I just made eggnog cupcakes all I did was use eggnog in place of the water and it came out just fine I also used butter instead of the oil but you don't have to, the batter is thicker but bakes up fine.

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 7:36pm
post #8 of 16

I know this is an old thread, but what type of cake would you use for eggnog filling? I'm looking for something other then an eggnog cake. Also what type of frosting/icing do you think works?

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 16

I would think yellow or white cake. dunno how a chocolate cake would taste with eggnog? I used a marshmellow creme frsoting for my egg nog cake and everyone LOVED it. the recipe is right here on CC

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2110-Marshmallow-Creme-Buttercream.html

strawberry0121 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 16

Hmm, I have no idea on how to make egg nog filling! I would think chocolate frosting or Butter Rum Buttercream frosting? I haven't made my egg nog cake yet, But I will be soon!

Ray75 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 8:09pm
post #11 of 16

Thanks guys!

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 11:37pm
post #12 of 16

I used a DH butter recipe golden mix, 1 lg box of vanilla pudding, 1 cube butter, 4 eggs, eggnog for water and 1/2 t. nutmeg...

tastes good, but still not so sure about the butter golden mix...

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 4:05am
post #13 of 16

Actually, I'm planning to take a recipe for Eggnog Cupcakes (from The Cupcake Blog) and make a layer cake this weekend! The recipe includes a filling and icing.

The recipe is here: http://cupcakeblog.com/index.php/2005/12/eggnog-cupcake-with-bourbon-caramel-cream-cheese-frosting/#comments

Ray75 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 4:11am
post #14 of 16

ooh, let us know if the recipe works out in cake form, the recipe looks yummy!

Hey kd, we have the same birthday!

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 4:44am
post #15 of 16

yay, another August baby! I've only met one other person with my birthday.

I'm making the cake tomorrow and will report back!

strawberry0121 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 5:01am
post #16 of 16

I made the egg nog cake, from a mix. I used a white cake mix, added whole eggs, plus one more than what it called for. I subbed egg nog for water, plus more to make it look the "right" consistancy and added some nutmeg. It baked up beautifully, but I haven't tried it yet! It is in the freezer, waiting for the green Butter Rum BC frosting I made.

BTW, I made 4 sizes to stack for a tree cake that I will decorate with Cake Balls!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%